The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VideteMiraculum
I got an offer from Chester yesterday :smile: They've only given a few out so far, I know of 2 others. Good luck!

How many questions was your maths test?
Original post by Whenowhen
Hi,

How many questions did you have in the maths test?

I think there were 15 xx
How many questions was your maths test?

There are 8 questions at Chester and you have to get 7/8 :-) x
Original post by a_m_y_p_
Anyone heard from Queens university Belfast? Or Cardiff?? Best of luck to everyone with interviews this week!xx

Hello! I have applied to QUB and Cardiff too, but no news as of yet! Although I have heard that the Queens letters are due in the next few weeks to let you know if you've been invited to interview or not! Eeeek, Good luck! xo
Original post by MidwifetobeJen
There are 8 questions at Chester and you have to get 7/8 :-) x

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. So......8 questions in the maths test for Midwifery?
Are they ALL scenario questions? Or are some of them short and basic?
Hi,

Also....How long are you given for this test?
Hi,

They were all quite basic I thought and I'm not usually good at maths, although a couple didn't pass unfortunately.
also, you get 15 mins for the maths and the same for the English- but they allow you to combine the times so you just have to complete them both within half an hour :-)
Hope this helps! Good luck! When's your interview? All the staff I met at Chester were lovely and maKe you feel welcome :-) xxx
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone having any trouble with Sn@p?? Have tried to open an account and have had not response at all.
Reply 688
Original post by goldfish71
Anyone having any trouble with Sn@p?? Have tried to open an account and have had not response at all.

You need to email them directly and they'll send you a username and password. It can take a little while for them to reply
Original post by LC1996
You need to email them directly and they'll send you a username and password. It can take a little while for them to reply

Ive emailed them twice :frown: must have been before Christmas when i first applied!!
Hey guys...I just got an invitation for either a test or interview at uni of west london for Midwifery. I'm assuming it's the test first..any ideas how long it takes? What do I need to bring, it hasn't stated anything? On its website it's saying bring a calculator and it has to be a standard one and that I need to have read an article that I will be required to write about in the literacy test and that this article will come with my letter. However I haven't received anything? I'm slightly confused..help please from anyone that has already done it thanks :smile: xxx
Original post by lfinney664
Hello! I have applied to QUB and Cardiff too, but no news as of yet! Although I have heard that the Queens letters are due in the next few weeks to let you know if you've been invited to interview or not! Eeeek, Good luck! xo

Hello! Yeah I heard that too about queens letters which is terrifying as I sooooo want one!! Regarding Cardiff I read the confirmation email they sent me when they received my application and they said in it not to hesitate in contacting them if you haven't heard by the end of January so I sent their admissions team a wee email but yet to hear anything back!xx
Reply 692
Original post by s333
After being rejected by Bradford they changed the course I applied to 'Health, Wellbeing and Social Care' to a conditional offer even though I applied for Midwifery? I'm so confused?

Hi I am in the same situation 😨😨 but sou you know something about this course ??
Reply 693
Original post by khadi96
Hi I am in the same situation 😨😨 but sou you know something about this course ??

I've done a bit of research about the course and its nothing to do with Midwifery unfortunately, I guess our original choice for Midwifery had been unsuccessful so they offered us an alternative course which they believe would suit us
Original post by khadi96

Hi @khadi96, feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss the Health, Wellbeing and Social Care programme with us (email [email protected] or call 01274 236367, option one).

The programmme explores the broader issues relevant to the healthcare sector in contemporary society, and has a strong focus on work-based learning, employability and entrepreneurship. See the programme listing for more info, including the subject areas studied.

Previous graduates have exciting roles emerging in community, social enterprise and NHS settings. These include project managers, care pathway navigators, patient experience and wellbeing officers, health trainers and advocacy workers. Graduates can also use this degree as a platform to enter post-graduate programmes such as teaching, public health, nursing, social work and management.

I hope this helps!
Hello all x

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but im just impatiently wondering if anyone has heard from Nottingham post interview 😞
Original post by Nickynoo82
Hello all x

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but im just impatiently wondering if anyone has heard from Nottingham post interview 😞

Nope not yet, haven't seen anyone who has found out yet about offers or U's. They said by mid-February so shouldn't be too long xx
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Huddersfield? Or know when their last interview date is? I applied at the start of December and still haven't heard anything!
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Huddersfield? Or know when their last interview date is? I applied at the start of December and still haven't heard anything!

I got an invite for interview for Huddersfield for 16th March only late last week. Ive yet to confirm though as Notts is my first choice and want to see if im successful there first xx i had applied early Dec x
Hi I have an interview at Liverpool John Moore on the 24th, is anyone else going, or can anyone advise on the math test I am soooooo nervous about the test :redface: please can someone help me out xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending