The Student Room Group

Re entering uni

I did a nursing course and i had a really bad 3rd year. Moving 3 times to bad house mates, parents divorce and my aunty passing away that really distracted me from my course. Im planning to drop out as i believe i had already failed and want to work for a year or two and re apply to do a different course like midwifery. My question is since i used 3 years of maintainence and tuition would i need to fund the midwifery degree myself. I just want to know so i can better understand where i can go in life.
Original post by Esther54321
I did a nursing course and i had a really bad 3rd year. Moving 3 times to bad house mates, parents divorce and my aunty passing away that really distracted me from my course. Im planning to drop out as i believe i had already failed and want to work for a year or two and re apply to do a different course like midwifery. My question is since i used 3 years of maintainence and tuition would i need to fund the midwifery degree myself. I just want to know so i can better understand where i can go in life.

Hi Esther,

Is this a separate course you are looking to study? Was it previously a standard Nursing course and not the degree is a Midwifery one? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Esther,

Is this a separate course you are looking to study? Was it previously a standard Nursing course and not the degree is a Midwifery one? Thanks, Jason

Yes this is a standard nursing course. I been told that it is unlikely that i would not be able to re apply for another nursing course. So i wanted to do midwifery.
Yes this is a standard nursing course. I been told that it is unlikely that i would not be able to re apply for another nursing course. So i wanted to do midwifery.

Hi there,

Midwifery is an exception - so, based on this, you'd be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans for the duration.

We'll need you to make an application so we can confirm this for sure. When do you plan to start the new course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Midwifery is an exception - so, based on this, you'd be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans for the duration.

We'll need you to make an application so we can confirm this for sure. When do you plan to start the new course?

Thanks, Graeme

Yea thats lovely so in a year from now. 24/25
Yea thats lovely so in a year from now. 24/25

Thank you - the 24/25 applications will open in Spring next year and you can apply online then.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thank you - the 24/25 applications will open in Spring next year and you can apply online then.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you
Thank you

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending