The Student Room Group

How accurately can people judge their own attractiveness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
*gets stuck to the wolfie*

Posted from TSR Mobile

*slyly gropes the sockle*
I think people like to err on the optimistic side. And of course very attractive people get it because every man and his dog wants to hit on them.
Original post by VETwannabe

Point in action: today I walked to my lecture through lots of attractive sporty people (i go to a uni which has a sports/animal studies campus as well as a few others - i'm one of the animal-y people), with a huge spot on my lip (it's reached the stage where it would be insane not to pop it, it's that big). My point is, I felt pretty as a picture and my self esteem was up in the clouds, despite Bob the blob (yes, i named the spot) trying to leap off my face. Today, me and my brain were on very good terms.

Oof, I hate it when that happens. I get home, look in the mirror and then realise my entire day was a complete lie.
Reply 23
I always think it is better to underestimate myself than overestimate myself so I would never rate myself more than a 5/10. Not in a self loathing way but just to make sure I never rely on my looks too much so I stay focused on developing other attributes and qualities in my life.
Original post by sjgriffiths
Oof, I hate it when that happens. I get home, look in the mirror and then realise my entire day was a complete lie.

yea but imagine how it would have ruined your day if your brain stopped lying to you while you were still out! :eek:
when i get home and see that i look terrible, i'm just like 'meh, well the day's over now so it's too late to fix it' and i just get over it :biggrin: perks of being stupidly optimistic haha.
Well it's all subjective, so I'd say pretty well? I may rate myself as one thing, and someone else rates me lower or higher. It's difficult I guess :dontknow:
Reply 26
Original post by Maid Marian
I think I am fairly good at judging my own and other people's attractiveness. It's not hard to look at yourself objectively! :pierre:

And so how do you rate yourself?
Original post by Dropshot
And so how do you rate yourself?

2/10 normally and a 3-4 at my best.
Original post by Laomedeia
Lets have a test. Rate the following people on a scale of 0-10 with 0 being as minging as possible and 10 being the perfect look.

I can't see them (invalid attachment).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending