The Student Room Group

A-levels

I know for sure that I want to do Music and Music tech
What other two A-levels would benefit me?

Also could you give me examples of what kind of job I could get with a Music degree or if I should do a combined course? I've spoken to the careers advisor at my school and it didn't help me at all
Reply 1
If you're definitely sure you're going for a music degree, I would guess at least one other essay subject would be helpful, especially English Literature if that's what interests you. And for a fourth - anything you like really. A language would have a tenuous connection to music, or a science for a contrast, but really I don't think most unis mind. I would look at some courses to see their specific opinions are though. What's more important is to do a lot of extra work on theory and performance outside of school - Grade 8 theory or above would be really helpful before starting a uni course. Plus as much extra listening experience to widen your knowledge as possible - music is one of those careers where you can really decide what you want to learn yourself.

I confess jobs wise I can't be much help - all the professionals working in music I know would be teachers of one kind or another.

Quick Reply

Latest