The Student Room Group

Further reading for Medicine?

I was wondering what kind of books would be useful and interesting to read for a medicine applicant. I want to apply for medicine this october and I am currently reading Genome by Matt Ridley and Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. Would these books be good to mention in my personal statement or would I need more specific medicine related books. Are there any interesting medicine related books that you guys would recommend?

Also does anyone have any names of books which would also be good for a beginner in neuroscience??
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by cookiemonster15
I was wondering what kind of books would be useful and interesting to read for a medicine applicant. I want to apply for medicine this october and I am currently reading Genome by Matt Ridley and Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. Would these books be good to mention in my personal statement or would I need more specific medicine related books. Are there any interesting medicine related books that you guys would recommend?

Also does anyone have any names of books which would also be good for a beginner in neuroscience??

There are some good books here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applications_Further_Reading

Many medicine applicants like Oliver Sachs's "The Man Who Mistook his Wife For A Hat," you may wish to check that out.

Quick Reply

Latest