The Student Room Group

Extended Essay in Business or Econ?

I've been stressing about extended essay for a while now and I'm suppose to start approaching supervisors soon. I currently am taking HL econ and wanted to do my essay on the financial crisis and sub-prime mortgages, however in economics the topic must be in current affairs (in the past 3 years), also I don't want to succumb to primary research which is essential in an econ EE. Then I turned to business which i have a great passion towards and could actually enjoy writing my extended essay in. I was thinking of evaluating Apple's acquisition of Authentech as a marketing and growth strategy but since I don't take business I don't what problems I could encounter while doing that. So which subject should I do my extended essay in? And if possible suggestions on some essay topics would be great to me off on the right foot.
Reply 1
I think you should take business since your passionate about it, because if your not passionate about it, it wont be easy to write a 4000 word essay. I dont really know how economics is since I dont take it, but business is really fun and is what im doing my extended essay on.
Reply 2
Thanks for your input, do you have any suggestions on a area or topic I could do my essay on? Also any thoughts on my previous research question of Apple's acquisition of authentech as a marketing and growth strategy?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending