The Student Room Group

A-Level Math for Business courses

Hello respected reader, i am a student in 12th grade, studying Business, Economics and Accounting. I wish to pursue Entrepreneurship in Business at University. For my IGCSE, i did not write Additional Mathematics, however i wrote Extended Maths and earned a strong B. In my school, those who didnt write IGs Additional Mathematics can not take Math in A-level, so i sticked with Business, Econs and Accounting, in which i got A A* A* in IGCSE examinations. Recently i have been researching on university requirements for pursuing business, but most of them ask for math. I dont know if it is for all the business courses or for finance and management type of courses. Therefore my question is, do i really need Alevel Math to do Entrepreneurship courses at Universities? Should i personally write emails to them to ask about it like i did here?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by tvishasuman
Hello respected reader, i am a student in 12th grade, studying Business, Economics and Accounting. I wish to pursue Entrepreneurship in Business at University. For my IGCSE, i did not write Additional Mathematics, however i wrote Extended Maths and earned a strong B. In my school, those who didnt write IGs Additional Mathematics can not take Math in A-level, so i sticked with Business, Econs and Accounting, in which i got A A* A* in IGCSE examinations. Recently i have been researching on university requirements for pursuing business, but most of them ask for math. I dont know if it is for all the business courses or for finance and management type of courses. Therefore my question is, do i really need Alevel Math to do Entrepreneurship courses at Universities? Should i personally write emails to them to ask about it like i did here?

You will have to find a course that does not ask for A level Maths. If A level Maths is a requirement your application will be rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest