The Student Room Group

LIBF Level 3 Certificate in Financial Studies

Hello,

Where can I get resources for this subject? I have found the specification online but I am unable to find notes or knowledge organisers etc.

I am worried that I will not do good because my teacher has left and I have a supply, students are disrupting the class and we are a bit behind in content, the other class have been given resources to use. Any advice would be much appreciated.
(edited 7 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by jiungie
Hello,

Where can I get resources for this subject? I have found the specification online but I am unable to find notes or knowledge organisers etc.

I am worried that I will not do good because my teacher has left and I have a supply, students are disrupting the class and we are a bit behind in content, the other class have been given resources to use. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Your school should have provided you an account to the LIBF website which has everything from the books to exam practice and more. What you should do is maybe go talk to head of department for business/econ and tell them the situation and say that you need acess to the books or LIBF log ins (since you clearly havent recieved them yet) so you can revise.

This is the link to the libf website log page:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj7z_-3uJSCAxXYWkEAHZPcBKAQFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.libf.ac.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw1jPUNGgeBSBQAm5Js9TDqo&cshid=1698348352077765&opi=89978449

btw im a second yr student doing the diploma now. Ive completed this last yr. If u have any question u can ask away. ٩(^ᗜ^ ´-
Reply 3
Original post by t4brl
Hi,

Your school should have provided you an account to the LIBF website which has everything from the books to exam practice and more. What you should do is maybe go talk to head of department for business/econ and tell them the situation and say that you need acess to the books or LIBF log ins (since you clearly havent recieved them yet) so you can revise.

This is the link to the libf website log page:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj7z_-3uJSCAxXYWkEAHZPcBKAQFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.libf.ac.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw1jPUNGgeBSBQAm5Js9TDqo&cshid=1698348352077765&opi=89978449

btw im a second yr student doing the diploma now. Ive completed this last yr. If u have any question u can ask away. ٩(^ᗜ^ ´-

Hello,
Thank you for your advice. My school has given me the logins for the website, I use it regularly. I do have a question about the exam, will there be extended writing questions apart from the multiple choice questions? (just to confirm)
Reply 4
Original post by jiungie
Hello,
Thank you for your advice. My school has given me the logins for the website, I use it regularly. I do have a question about the exam, will there be extended writing questions apart from the multiple choice questions? (just to confirm)

Yep there are two exams. The part 1 and part 2. Part 1 is just multiple choice questions max marks 35. Aim to get 28-33/35 that will put you in place of getting A-A*.

Then you have the part 2 exam which is like normal describe and explain and evaluate or maybe even list questions. You do have one extended writing question on part 2 which would be on a case study that will be provided to you I think a month or two before your exam and basically your teacher or by yourself will have to evaluate the case study and see what points you have to talk about from it. Sometimes as like practice my teachers used to make “predicted” questions for us to answer based of the case study for the exam. That question is about 20 marks. It’s 5 mark spag and 15 marks after that.

You have two part 1 and 2 exams every year.
So like your first exam is probably going to be around jan and then your second part 1 and 2 exam probably around may.

I hope this helps. If you need anymore help just message me on Instagram @t4brl. I’ll be happy to help. ٩(^ᗜ^ ´-
Reply 5
Original post by t4brl
Yep there are two exams. The part 1 and part 2. Part 1 is just multiple choice questions max marks 35. Aim to get 28-33/35 that will put you in place of getting A-A*.

Then you have the part 2 exam which is like normal describe and explain and evaluate or maybe even list questions. You do have one extended writing question on part 2 which would be on a case study that will be provided to you I think a month or two before your exam and basically your teacher or by yourself will have to evaluate the case study and see what points you have to talk about from it. Sometimes as like practice my teachers used to make “predicted” questions for us to answer based of the case study for the exam. That question is about 20 marks. It’s 5 mark spag and 15 marks after that.

You have two part 1 and 2 exams every year.
So like your first exam is probably going to be around jan and then your second part 1 and 2 exam probably around may.

I hope this helps. If you need anymore help just message me on Instagram @t4brl. I’ll be happy to help. ٩(^ᗜ^ ´-

Thank you so so much for telling me this information. I am quite nervous about this course because I do not actually have a teacher and we skip topics quite quickly.
Reply 6
Original post by jiungie
Thank you so so much for telling me this information. I am quite nervous about this course because I do not actually have a teacher and we skip topics quite quickly.

No problem.
You shouldnt worry too much tbh this course is relatively easy to understand and apply. Just use the resources on the website and the book to revise and answer questions and i'd say revise structure for the essay questions. My teacher taught me to use KAAE x3 on the 15 markers. But overall you could quite literally teach yourself this subject. Id say aim to get no lower than a B just so you have options for a range of universities. I'd say its relatively easy to get an A* but it depends if you are willing to go the extra mile. I'd say its more attainable than any regular alevel.

Btw im sure you might want your exam dates so here you go.

https://www.libf.ac.uk/docs/default-source/financial-capability/teacher-exam-officer-information/key-dates-2023-24-l3-cefs.pdf?sfvrsn=bb15358d_2

your exam dates are the ones in bold.

Quick Reply

Latest