The Student Room Group

Best meals to make in your slow-cooker?

Hey all,

Looking to share some meal ideas and branch out a bit. Just made chicken stew in my slow cooker and it was amazing. I usually make chilli or curry so I don't really make a variety of things...

Looking for some ideas though!
Original post by EloiseStar
Hey all,

Looking to share some meal ideas and branch out a bit. Just made chicken stew in my slow cooker and it was amazing. I usually make chilli or curry so I don't really make a variety of things...

Looking for some ideas though!

Slow cookers are perfect for pulled pork! You can make so many different things with pulled pork as well, like fajitas, enchiladas and chilli as well!
Reply 2
Original post by super_kawaii
Slow cookers are perfect for pulled pork! You can make so many different things with pulled pork as well, like fajitas, enchiladas and chilli as well!

Second person to tell me that! May have to make some :smile:
Second person to tell me that! May have to make some :smile:

My mum made me pulled pork fajitas and pulled pork chilli over Christmas and they were both amazing! I drool just thinking about them! :drool:
Reply 4
Original post by super_kawaii
My mum made me pulled pork fajitas and pulled pork chilli over Christmas and they were both amazing! I drool just thinking about them! :drool:

I had bbq pulled pork in mac and cheese and it was amazing!
I had bbq pulled pork in mac and cheese and it was amazing!

Pulled pork hot dogs are the thing of dreams! :drool:
Italian meatballs with rich tomato and basil sauce... The way the meatballs taste is the best part!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Butterfly92xo
Italian meatballs with rich tomato and basil sauce... The way the meatballs taste is the best part!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the idea! I've just seen a new sauce recipe I could use. Would i have to seal the meatballs first and then throw them in?
Thanks for the idea! I've just seen a new sauce recipe I could use. Would i have to seal the meatballs first and then throw them in?

Yeah. You need to fry them/oven them first to seal it (mix it with egg as well to keep it together) then put them into the slow cooker with the sauce. Also, I would add some mozzarella in the middle of the meatballs so it melts when you cut into it! Mmm..
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Stews, soups, pulled pork, pulled pork, mmmmmm pulled pork :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest