The Student Room Group

Most effective tooth whitening toothpastes/kits?

Hey!

What is the most effective tooth whitening toothpaste or kit on the market today, that is also somewhat price conscious?

I really appreciate it!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joyful_soul
Hey!

What is the most effective tooth whitening toothpaste or kit on the market today, that is also somewhat price conscious?

I really appreciate it!

White crest strips
Arms and hammer toothpaste
Original post by Black Cat
White crest strips
Arms and hammer toothpaste

I tried the Arms and hammer toothpaste. Dont think it works for everyone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
I tried the Arms and hammer toothpaste. Dont think it works for everyone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably had unrealistic expectations works well for me though have noticed a big difference.
Original post by Black Cat
You probably had unrealistic expectations works well for me though have noticed a big difference.

My teeth weren't yellow to begin with, I just wanted them to go a little whiter, so its probably why I couldn't tell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Teeth are not naturally white. Just make a good job of normal cleaning,flossing,interdental brushing etc. Staining due to food/drink can be dealt with by hygienist
Hey!

I really appreciate it!

Crest 3D White, it's a US product so you'll need a forwarder like Bongo US but it's the best one out there.

Before use though, go to a dentist and make sure your teeth are 100% solid otherwise you'll end up with bad teeth.
Crest Whitestrips, order off Ebay. Exact same chemical as in professional whitening kits that cost £300, does the exact same job for around ~£20. Don't bother with any whitening toothpastes or other gimmicks.

Source - dental student

Original post by Limpopo
Teeth are not naturally white. Just make a good job of normal cleaning,flossing,interdental brushing etc. Staining due to food/drink can be dealt with by hygienist

No amount of cleaning will rid teeth of surface stains. Whitening is the only thing that will make a noticeable difference
Reply 8
Hey!

I really appreciate it!
Just keep them clean; healthy teeth shouldn't actually be white.
Original post by Tootles
Just keep them clean; healthy teeth shouldn't actually be white.

Neither will they be. These products just remove a very thin layer of surface enamel which may be discoloured/stained, showing the natural colour of the tooth.
Original post by minor bun engine
Neither will they be. These products just remove a very thin layer of surface enamel which may be discoloured/stained, showing the natural colour of the tooth.
Which is a pale cream colour, not white.
Original post by Tootles
Which is a pale cream colour, not white.

Hence why I said "neither will they be".
Tooth enamel,once removed,does not grow back...

I am currently using Oral B whitening toothpaste which seems to give good results.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
My secret - brush with warm/hot water.

You don't wash dishes with cold water do you?
Dr. George teeth whitening with UV mouthpiece works perfectly!

only 25 pounds aswell!

I'd strongly recommend to anyone
Crest Whitestrips, order off Ebay. Exact same chemical as in professional whitening kits that cost £300, does the exact same job for around ~£20. Don't bother with any whitening toothpastes or other gimmicks.

Source - dental student

Aren't they harmful? I'm really paranoid about teeth whitening but I'd like to have nicer teeth so I tried toothpastes but they didn't work or if they did I didn't notice.
Crest 3D whitestrips work for a lot of people I've heard.
I've tried most of the new Oral B toothpastes and the Colgate max white range but they don't do much difference to the whiteness- they only seem to brighten my teeth a bit
Original post by SiminaM
Aren't they harmful? I'm really paranoid about teeth whitening but I'd like to have nicer teeth so I tried toothpastes but they didn't work or if they did I didn't notice.

Not at all. Like I said, it's the exact same chemical that dentists use in professional whitening treatments. A very thin layer of surface enamel is removed, restoring the natural colour of the tooth (which incidentally isn't pure white as people have mentioned). Rather than splashing out £300 to get it done at the dentists you may as well get the same results for £20.

Whitening toothpastes don't do anything.
Not at all. Like I said, it's the exact same chemical that dentists use in professional whitening treatments. A very thin layer of surface enamel is removed, restoring the natural colour of the tooth (which incidentally isn't pure white as people have mentioned). Rather than splashing out £300 to get it done at the dentists you may as well get the same results for £20.

Whitening toothpastes don't do anything.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by SiminaM

Technically, they are banned under EU regulations so you would have to buy them from a US based Ebay seller.

Quick Reply

Latest