The Student Room Group

can i still become a dentist if i have a front tooth gap?

ive wanted to be a dentist for a long time but i dont know if i can be one because i have a front tooth gap. its not small but its not gigantic but i think its noticable. Ive been referred for braces but i was refused although i havent been referred for invisalign. Can i still study dentistry or should i look for another career?
Original post by coolblackguy
ive wanted to be a dentist for a long time but i dont know if i can be one because i have a front tooth gap. its not small but its not gigantic but i think its noticable. Ive been referred for braces but i was refused although i havent been referred for invisalign. Can i still study dentistry or should i look for another career?

Why should a gap within your teeth stop you from pursuing the career you wish to pursue?
Reply 2
Original post by User_name001

Why should a gap within your teeth stop you from pursuing the career you wish to pursue?

dont most dentists have straight teeth with no gaps??

What does that mean, a dentist could smoke and work as a dentist does that mean they’ll have white teeth probably not 🤷🏽*♂️
Reply 4
Original post by User_name001

Personally I’ve never actually seen a dentists teeth, they’ve all been wearing the surgical masks so I don’t think it would be a thing people would notice also I had a front tooth gap (I think it measured 2 or 3 mm) and got referred for braces, I did get them and it closed within 3 months so if you didn’t get them I think you may be blowing it out of proportion?
Reply 5
it's not like you are a toothless crone. many people think teeth gaps are kinda cute ?
Your physical appearance has nothing to do with the career you choose.
You don't need perfect teeth to be a dentist. You don't need any teeth to be a dentist provided you can communicate with patients effectively still...
Reply 8
Of course but just my opinion, if you want to be an orthodontist you should get braces so you know the pain we have to go through

Quick Reply

Latest