The Student Room Group

Funding for graduate studying undergraduate medicine 2015

Hi guys, as you can guess from the thread title I am a prospective grad who is going to be studying undergrad medicine in 2015. Looking at funding options I have found that there is nothing other than a maintenance loan available from Student Finance. Others are also in this difficult position and as such I've signed a petition to hopefully get this matter discussed at some level. Not sure if it will do much good but if it gets to 100,000 then apparently it will be discussed at the House of Commons which is better than nothing.

Any funding information would be very welcome.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/68617
Hey, you know you should get the NHS bursary, right? :smile:
Reply 2
From what I have gathered, undergrads including those who are graduates are ineligible for NHS funding until their 5th year. Whether they are entitled to a separate bursary such as a non-means tested one, I'm not sure and any information or links would be great. Thanks!
Hi ,

I am a grad student starting a 5year medicine course at the Uni of Southampton. I have been working since july 2012 and i finished my previous degree in july 2014.

I was wondering what kind of student finance is available for me and does the nhs provide any bursary aswell?

I have contact student finance by phone but i was very confused as to how i should apply ....any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks
do we really not get any student finance as a grad applying to and undergrad med course?
Reply 5
My brothers girlfriend is a grad medic and I know she started to get nhs bursery support in the second year, whereas my brother who is an undergraduate will get it in his fith year. I'm not sure about student finance in general but I'm sure you must be entitled to some support as graduate entry medicine is common and I know my brothers girlfriend has a student loan. Have a look at student finance England's website it's likely to be explained there (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending