The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

The format of the papers is
whilst a specimen paper can be found here.

Simon
Hey yeah, I'm doing Edexcel French AEA and CEA German AEA too, German looks so much easier than French funnily enough! Not particularly looking forward to either tbh...!!
Reply 3
I did the German one in 2004 and got distinction. I thought it was easier than the A-level!
I think they're always worth doing as you dont really lose anything- i did the english one as well and got an ungraded, but nobody has to know so it doesnt really matter- it was simply a waste of three hours in which i sat the exam as i did little preparation beyond what i was already doing for my a-levels.
wesetters
Edexcel do AEA French now?

*OCR :p:
Reply 5
(edited 11 years ago)
I am doing this but have only got the specimen paper - does anyone have any other papers?
Reply 7
I'm doing the AEA in German. The only preparation I've done for it is look through 3 past papers and brush up on my grammar. I don't really see how you can revise for it! :redface:
Can you tell me the themes of the past papers? I've only got the specimen:frown:
Reply 9
sorry to ask a really dumb question but what is AEA? :redface:
Advanced Extension Award - "First examined in June 2002, the advanced extention award (AEA) was introduced for 18-year-olds as part of the government's response to its report Excellence in cities. AEA's supersede Special Papers.

The AEA should:

* challenge the top 10 percent of students nationally in each subject
* ensure that the most able students are tested against standards comparable with the most demanding to be found in other countries
* be accessible to all able students, whatever the specification they are studying
* help differentiate between the most able candidates, particularly in subjects with a high proportion of A grades at advanced GCE." (QCA)
I shudve done it for german my teacher wouldnt have let me coz shes evil neway!
Reply 12
oh cool, thanks!
prinzessin1988
I shudve done it for german my teacher wouldnt have let me coz shes evil neway!

I got talked into it!
Reply 14
friendsfanatic
Can you tell me the themes of the past papers? I've only got the specimen

The 2002 paper was on Reisen, 2004 Lesen, 2005 Freundschaft. Quite nice topics I think :smile: .
Very nice topics - but I thought they were suppose to be on issues studied or something, like Crime and Punishment?

Btw, how come your RS is on 25th?
Reply 16
friendsfanatic
Very nice topics - but I thought they were suppose to be on issues studied or something, like Crime and Punishment?

Btw, how come your RS is on 25th?

No not that I'm aware of. They can pick any topic they want to as far as I know :s-smilie: . I'm with AQA for RS so other exam boards must set their synoptic exams on different dates.
I'm sure it's supposed to be loosely based on topics we've covered - na ja, viel Glueck!
Reply 18
friendsfanatic
I'm sure it's supposed to be loosely based on topics we've covered - na ja, viel Glueck!

Danke, ich brauche viel Glueck fuer diese Pruefung! :biggrin:
Ich auch! Na ja, was passiert, passiert - ist mir eigentich scheissegal!

Latest