The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 - June 3rd, 2015 [Exam discussion thread]

Scroll to see replies

FP2 - question paper - haven't got the time to do unofficial, would appreciate it if someone did it.

Regards,

kingmathematica
Original post by thedon96
what were the coordinates for the centre of the circle that was transformed? I put (0, -0.8) but a lot of people are saying it's the other way round! :/

Other way round unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1242

Thanks a lot! Gotta hate substitutions... Oh well)
3 and -1 for a and b respectively
Will arsey make an unofficial
Does anyone care to show how they proved question 4, part (b). I showed that, using method of differences, the LHS comes out to equal 1/4(n)^2(n+1)^2, and the RHS was just the 'sum of r' all squared [ (1/2)n(n+1) ] ^2 which comes out to 1/4(n)^2(n+1)^2. Therefore, LHS=RHS, so proved?
Original post by MentalMath
Will arsey make an unofficial

He does. Give it a day or two
Well....s2 and d2 better go well

Posted from TSR Mobile
i screwed up on this paper. i thought i was ready for it .... who thinks the grade boundaries will be low
Original post by xyzmaster
He does. Give it a day or two

Hmm, shud be uo in a few hours normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no((( only now i realised that it is integration by substitution((((((

Original post by ABaron
Does anyone care to show how they proved question 4, part (b). I showed that, using method of differences, the LHS comes out to equal 1/4(n)^2(n+1)^2, and the RHS was just the 'sum of r' all squared [ (1/2)n(n+1) ] ^2 which comes out to 1/4(n)^2(n+1)^2. Therefore, LHS=RHS, so proved?

Yep sounds fine mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do reckon grade boundaries will be ?
Reply 1254
Original post by ABaron

I made sure i explicitly stated it as i know how picky the mark schemes can be. However it would only be worth one mark
Original post by physicsmaths
Hmm, shud be uo in a few hours normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A day or two? I might aswell give him a month then
Original post by ABaron

Yeah I did this as well and I think it should be fine
3 and -1 FOR A AND B RESPECTIVELY?!?!
Arsey has posted M1 answers, FP2 shud be soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending