The Student Room Group

How important are GCSEs in applying for Cambridge?

I am interested in applying to Cambridge for next year, however I am worried I won't stand a chance with my GCSE results. I got 12 overall - 2 A*s, 2 As, 6 Bs and 2 Cs. I am currently studying English Lit, Art Geography and Biology. I am aiming for A* in both English and Art, A in Geography and B at AS Biology. To what extent would my rather poor GCSE results affect my chances of getting in? Thanks. I aim to study English Literature at Cambridge.
Reply 1
Original post by amybonnie98
I am interested in applying to Cambridge for next year, however I am worried I won't stand a chance with my GCSE results. I got 12 overall - 2 A*s, 2 As, 6 Bs and 2 Cs. I am currently studying English Lit, Art Geography and Biology. I am aiming for A* in both English and Art, A in Geography and B at AS Biology. To what extent would my rather poor GCSE results affect my chances of getting in? Thanks. I aim to study English Literature at Cambridge.

I got an offer from Cambridge with 2A*s, 8As and 3Bs. AS UMS marks are the most important thing.
Original post by amybonnie98

Slide 5 here has some English Literature stats: http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/teachers/docs/student_conference_teacher_forum_presentation_2013.pdf
Original post by Pip1309
I got an offer from Cambridge with 2A*s, 8As and 3Bs. AS UMS marks are the most important thing.

What A levels did you study and what grades did you get in them?
Reply 4
Original post by Pip1309

What UMS marks did you achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending