The Student Room Group

Not good enough

I started seeing this guy about 6 months ago it was pretty on off, we slept together but he kept saying he wasn't ready for a relationship even though he liked me. I saw him once more after this then said I can't do casual anymore. We hadn't spoken for 3 months then I find out he has a girlfriend that he went on holiday with and met her parents :frown: I asked him if he was seeing her at the time and why didn't he just say he didn't like me and he got really nasty and defensive! just feel like I'm never good enough and it really hurts.
Hey.
I understand that must hurt. But it doesn't mean you're not good enough for anyone. It just means he wasn't right for you.
Reply 2
Don't give up, there's a man out there for you. It has nothing to do with you not being good enough, it's his loss, right? Might not be what you want to hear, but all that's left to do now is to forget about him, he's not worth the time of day. Don't do this to yourself, don't put yourself down over something like this. He made a decision to be with someone else, it's done, you can't change that, but please don't let it affect the way you view yourself. You did nothing wrong, you have nothing to feel bad about. You're worth more than that, and the right person will come along who will appreciate your qualities and what you have to offer and they'll hold onto you. Might sound like a bunch of empty words right now, but don't despair :smile: these situations can get tough, let some time pass and don't beat yourself up about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It was pretty much in your face though:

- 'on and off' -> he didn't want to commit

- he kept saying he liked you but didn't want a relationship -> classical player line.
Reply 4
Ouch.

Well count yourself lucky you're aren't with him I suppose? Don't take it to heart, he ain't worth getting upset over. Aside from that try to find a decent lad, I'm sure there are plenty of them out there for you. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending