The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE results good enough for a Russell group university

These are my gcse results but I’m wondering if they are good enough for a Russell group university to eventually do a Law course whilst doing Eng Lit, History and politics for A levels currently.(I’m most likely going to retake Eng Lang however please answer without taking a retake to account-thank you)
8 History
7 English Lit
6 maths
6 Physics
6 RE
5 biology
5 Chem
5 Econ
4 Spanish
4 Eng Lang
Original post by Jamal_banguraa
These are my gcse results but I’m wondering if they are good enough for a Russell group university to eventually do a Law course whilst doing Eng Lit, History and politics for A levels currently.(I’m most likely going to retake Eng Lang however please answer without taking a retake to account-thank you)
8 History
7 English Lit
6 maths
6 Physics
6 RE
5 biology
5 Chem
5 Econ
4 Spanish
4 Eng Lang

See "Are these GCSEs good enough for x" - the guide, which says the following:

"Yes. Your results are good enough, because the Russell Group isn't that special.

They may (and may not) ask for a specific grade in maths and/or English (usually between 4 and 6), but other than that they do not care. For most universities in the Russell Group, the vast majority of applicants get offers."
Reply 2
Russell Groups do not really care about GCSE's they just want to see good A levels (unless you are doing a course like medicine)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending