The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Selwyn for History :P yourself?

I've applied for history and politics at selwyn!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Selwyn for History :P yourself?

Wooo hello fellow Selwyn applicant!

(sorry to butt in!)
Original post by okay.itsdrwho
Officially an applicant for Nat Sci! Anyone else applying for Queens' ?

Chemical Engineering via NatSci at Queens'!
Original post by Steliata
Wooo hello fellow Selwyn applicant!

(sorry to butt in!)

I'm also applying to Selwyn (for maths)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by I can do this
Ahh of course, you must really love John's - you said it months ago and stuck with it until the end, whilst I seem to change mine multiple times a day lol - don't blame you though, John's is an absolutely gorgeous college too!

I've started the SAQ, but there's stuff about class sizes and such that I need to ask about at school tomorrow. You?

Yep all done now, just prepping BMAT and interview now! (oh gosh)
Original post by davozgenius

Spoiler

Which subject are you applying to read?
Reply 3986
Original post by Lementation

Engineering at Peterhouse
Well, I've officially sent off my UCAS and COPA!! Just waiting for the SAQ now... Applied for Law at Jesus :tongue:
Original post by Lementation

Spoiler

Original post by davozgenius

Spoiler

I do. I'm applying for maths. It's so annoying how they have interview prep for so many subjects but not maths. :angry:

You?
I sent off my UCAS at about 12pm today, how long does the SAQ take to come ???
Reply 3991
Original post by espicton98

Mine took 13 hours, other people said 12 so about that.
What are my chances ofor getting an interview for natural sciences?
My GCSES where mostly good 5As l,1A*, 1c(predicted A* in the one c,but goodn't make it to second paper due to a serious problem at the time), and a distinction in BTEC level 2 engineering(not sure why my school encurages vocational courses).
I got three As and a B in chemistry at AS.I also completed A2 maths alongside my AS and got a B, but my grade was brought down by M2 which I plan on retaking
The grade is chemistry is declared extenuating circumstances as my teacher was awful.The averge grade in my class was a U.My teachers are encouraging me but I feel hesitant as there are students in my college better than me
Also I plan on taking a full A-level in further maths this year and I am predicted an A*, I have made sure this is on my reference.This how situation is making me feel really anxious due to the fact that a lot of pressure has come from nowhere in a short amount of time.Please help people, this is really giving me a serious case of isomnia!!!:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I do. I'm applying for maths. It's so annoying how they have interview prep for so many subjects but not maths. :angry:

The best prep is doing Maths :wink:

And http://nrich.maths.org/10492

Have you seen this vid?
https://youtu.be/09nGMTVTifo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for NatSci at Pembroke :smile:
Does anyone know what you're supposed to put in the SAQ subject content bit when you're doing maths + further maths? It says to count f.maths as just maths in the other section, but there's not enough space in the lil box to put in everything in all the modules? Should you just do an overview, or split it up?
Original post by Sapereaude45
What are my chances ofor getting an interview for natural sciences?
My GCSES where mostly good 5As l,1A*, 1c(predicted A* in the one c,but goodn't make it to second paper due to a serious problem at the time), and a distinction in BTEC level 2 engineering(not sure why my school encurages vocational courses).
I got three As and a B in chemistry at AS.I also completed A2 maths alongside my AS and got a B, but my grade was brought down by M2 which I plan on retaking
The grade is chemistry is declared extenuating circumstances as my teacher was awful.The averge grade in my class was a U.My teachers are encouraging me but I feel hesitant as there are students in my college better than me
Also I plan on taking a full A-level in further maths this year and I am predicted an A*, I have made sure this is on my reference.This how situation is making me feel really anxious due to the fact that a lot of pressure has come from nowhere in a short amount of time.Please help people, this is really giving me a serious case of isomnia!!!:frown:

I think it is very hard to say but I believe Cambridge will consider your situation seriously.:smile: You don't need to worry that much. Just try your best in the admission test.
Maybe we should all see the Cambridge application as a sort of "adventure":tongue:
I am also an applicant of Natural Science this year,so good luck to both of us! LOL 😁
Original post by TIF141
Applied for NatSci at Pembroke :smile:
Does anyone know what you're supposed to put in the SAQ subject content bit when you're doing maths + further maths? It says to count f.maths as just maths in the other section, but there's not enough space in the lil box to put in everything in all the modules? Should you just do an overview, or split it up?

I'm not quite sure which section you mean, but you list all A-levels separately.

And then give the details of each maths & FM module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mfp3343
I've applied for history and politics at selwyn!

I didn't think Selwyn was such a popular college, but turns out there's quite a few of us applying there! :h:
Original post by espicton98

Mine came later that day :smile:
Original post by jneill
Make your photo a good one - it will be on your Cambridge ID card throughout your time at university... :smile:

(not joking)

Ahahahaa I made the initial mistake of uploading a bad photo... Or least one that I don't look good in... Time to get a new one taken...

Are we going off passport rules i.e. no facial expression of any sort including smiling?

Latest

Trending

Trending