The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peachykeen
King's applicant here :h: chose it bcos i am a true tourist at heart

It's so beautiful right! it's weird because I consider myself the opposite of a tourist (go to college in Cambridge and live nearby) but it's so charming I couldn't resist :tongue:
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Hihi technically Singaporean here but I've been living in Shanghai since I was 4 so I identify myself as Chinese

Niceee👍🏼
Original post by Xiuchen
Good luck to you too!! :biggrin:

I see, so they asked you to travel to Shanghai :P

This makes me so happy haha. Good luck to all of you! Hope to see y'all in Cambridge :smile:

Me too!! So nice to see so many of us around hahah!
Got an interview at Exeter, don't know when yet but hope I'll get to choose it before the Cambs interview so I'll get a little practice! Most of the interview is on ps and motivations but there's a problem on a topic we should not have seen before to work out so I hope it'll train me haha :colondollar:
Original post by agirlontheweb
It's so beautiful right! it's weird because I consider myself the opposite of a tourist (go to college in Cambridge and live nearby) but it's so charming I couldn't resist :tongue:

it is! i didn't want to like it so much but i really did haha
Original post by agirlontheweb

I applied for King's too ^_^ I just felt most at home at King's when I looked around the colleges
So many Chinese applicants woo:biggrin: I'm ethnically Chinese although born and bred in the UK
we're going to have to form a little gang lol

Omg really?! I can't believe I've only found out now 😂
Original post by PhoenixWings
I applied for King's too ^_^ I just felt most at home at King's when I looked around the colleges

Yeah both the current students and fellows I met were really friendly, which helped give my day there a really good vibe.

Some of the other applicants I met there were slightly...closer to the Cambridge stereotype shall we say :tongue: but all the people on TSR seem a lot more friendly and normal!
Original post by PhoenixWings

Woo finally found some King's applicants 😂😂
Original post by czhang1998
Omg really?! I can't believe I've only found out now 😂

aha yep! hope we'll bump into each other somehow :tongue:
Original post by NeverLucky
Woo finally found some King's applicants 😂😂

i feel like we're all suddenly crawling out from the woodwork lol
aha yep! hope we'll bump into each other somehow :tongue:

Yep defo! We will be seeing each other often if we both get in for our subjects :crossedf:
Original post by richardhello
@jneill do we need to send fee status stuff by post, can it not be scanned? @Peterhouse Admissions

This may already have been answered, but afaik you need to send it back according to the instructions you received from your college.
i feel like we're all suddenly crawling out from the woodwork lol

I haven't even visited King's yet :/ I'll have to deffo look around when I go to interview hahaha, what subject you doing?
Original post by I can do this
Apologies if this has already been discussed! But are we expecting Cambridge to be considerably more competitive this year in terms of numbers of applicants due to A level reform?

Nope. Not "considerably" anyway.

Across Oxbridge/Medicine deadline applicants those from EU are down 9% (brexit), but UK up 3% so not much overall change.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/fewer-eu-students-apply-start-12084008

Edit to add Cambridge data:
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/oct/27/uk-university-applications-from-eu-down-9-ucas
"Cambridge University reported a decline in applications from EU students, down from 2,652 last year to 2,277 this year, in the context of an overall increase in applications to 16,875."

Checking http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics they had 16,719 applicants in 2016 so only a small increase of 156 applicants (+1%).
(edited 7 years ago)
So many Chinese applicants woo:biggrin: I'm ethnically Chinese although born and bred in the UK
we're going to have to form a little gang lol

Yes, Chinese students at Cambridge do tend to form little gangs; in fact, one of my supervisors expressed displeasure that we had so many Chinese this year, because s/he says in past years, supervisions with some Chinese students became a nightmare when they couldn't easily communicate in English, having gradually forgotten it through lack of use.
Original post by czhang1998
Yep defo! We will be seeing each other often if we both get in for our subjects :crossedf:

ahhhhhhh that would be so good
Original post by NeverLucky
I haven't even visited King's yet :/ I'll have to deffo look around when I go to interview hahaha, what subject you doing?

it's so gorgeous in person! I'm applying for History of Art, wbu? :h:
Original post by Mathemagicien
Yes, Chinese students at Cambridge do tend to form little gangs; in fact, one of my supervisors expressed displeasure that we had so many Chinese this year, because s/he says in past years, supervisions with some Chinese students became a nightmare when they couldn't easily communicate in English, having gradually forgotten it through lack of use.

gonna be honest don't know how to respond to that lol
gonna be honest don't know how to respond to that lol

You are from Britain, I imagine you won't struggle to speak English lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending