The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
But we are much better. They don't deserve to share with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see, thanks for the insight XD
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Please don't convince me to start saying "Camford" and have to explain to everyone I converse with why it's not Oxbridge...

Cambridge is the home of original and anti-establishment thinking. You'll be doing the right thing :smile:
Original post by Vicky628
I think so..

I don't think I will either, parents went to uni but I don't go to a good school, so hopefully that counts for something

Results are on the online thing for the shadowing scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theworkkid
Results are on the online thing for the shadowing scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

REJECTED!!!!!!:dance::dance::console:

did you get in??:smile:
Original post by jenoverboard
That sucks! Atleast you're aware you'd rather work hard for good grades over high pass rates - good for you!:biggrin:

haha, I have no choice - do well or die trying :wink:
So excited for the Cambridge shadowing scheme :smile: I wish other universities would do these sort of things
It only ever seems to be Cambridge and the other place. I guess most of it happens in the summer
REJECTED!!!!!!:dance::dance::console:

did you get in??:smile:

Nope :frown: oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Camford has an old heritage. e.g. from William Makepeace Thackeray's novel Pendennis published in 1849 "he was a Camford man and very nearly got the English Prize Poem"

Camford was also used in the Sherlock Holmes story The Adventure of the Creeping Man (1923).

It reflects the just order of things... :wink:

:giggle:
Original post by Jordan\
:giggle:

:tumble:
Anyone applying for the masterclasses??

Also, how's the revision going?:albertein:

I went to the AMES one in November and they said they'd be doing another one after Christmas but they haven't put it on the website! So I'm not sure if I'll be going again...
Original post by Steliata
I went to the AMES one in November and they said they'd be doing another one after Christmas but they haven't put it on the website! So I'm not sure if I'll be going again...

Oh right - how was it??:h:

I think I saw a thing on their Twitter about it.

I went to the engineering one in November and it was brilliant :smile:
Really informative and kinda made me want to do engineering for a day haha
We had 2 lectures, one of which I had no idea what he was talking about :smile:
But the other was really interesting and explained about how wings work.
You really do learn a lot and thank god I took notes.
Original post by Pentaquark
I went to the engineering one in November and it was brilliant :smile:
Really informative and kinda made me want to do engineering for a day haha
We had 2 lectures, one of which I had no idea what he was talking about :smile:
But the other was really interesting and explained about how wings work.
You really do learn a lot and thank god I took notes.

That dedication though :wink:

& that sounds so cool!! Thing is, don't really know what degree I want to do yet...
That dedication though :wink:

& that sounds so cool!! Thing is, don't really know what degree I want to do yet...

This is why the NatSci course looks fab to me because I like physics and chemistry in their own ways. I think Cambridge's course is the only one that lets you choose what subject you want to do after the first year. Like if you want to do physics after 1st year you can just pick physics for 2nd year and so on , so you'll end up with a pretty much straight physics degree which is great. I'll be honest I haven't looked up in detail about courses because the thought of choosing them stresses me out.
This is why the NatSci course looks fab to me because I like physics and chemistry in their own ways. I think Cambridge's course is the only one that lets you choose what subject you want to do after the first year. Like if you want to do physics after 1st year you can just pick physics for 2nd year and so on , so you'll end up with a pretty much straight physics degree which is great. I'll be honest I haven't looked up in detail about courses because the thought of choosing them stresses me out.

I know - I think natsci would be more interesting than straight science because you can learn all sorts of things you wouldn't normally consider (something like cell biology) without having to commit to a certain science (yeah, probably physics)

I think I'll look at joint honours courses (so that means no Cambridge :gasp::gasp::gasp:) just because I don't think I'd be able to stand 3 years of doing the same thing...& I agree, thinking about uni is scary, though I've done some googling, couldn't think of anything worse than to be unprepared this time next year, and make a panicked decision that I'd regret for life...
Oh right - how was it??:h:

I think I saw a thing on their Twitter about it.

It was amazing, really informative and interesting and I got to look around the colleges the next day :ahee: Although the first lecture was from a Jewish Studies lecturer which was a bit weird, he had some odd views about the Arab Israeli conflict... :s-smilie: The Chinese one was great though.

I'll have a look on their Twitter now, thanks :smile:
Original post by Steliata
It was amazing, really informative and interesting and I got to look around the colleges the next day :ahee: Although the first lecture was from a Jewish Studies lecturer which was a bit weird, he had some odd views about the Arab Israeli conflict... :s-smilie: The Chinese one was great though.

I'll have a look on their Twitter now, thanks :smile:

That actually sounds really interesting! What a levels are you taking?:h:
I know - I think natsci would be more interesting than straight science because you can learn all sorts of things you wouldn't normally consider (something like cell biology) without having to commit to a certain science (yeah, probably physics)

I think I'll look at joint honours courses (so that means no Cambridge :gasp::gasp::gasp:) just because I don't think I'd be able to stand 3 years of doing the same thing...& I agree, thinking about uni is scary, though I've done some googling, couldn't think of anything worse than to be unprepared this time next year, and make a panicked decision that I'd regret for life...

I kinda want my brain to make its mind up as I think a straight course would be better for me as I don't want to end up doing a joint honours sort of course with a subject that I like alongside a subject that I end up not liking D: This is my worst fear and looking at a few other NatSci courses they all seem to have a whole major minor sort of thing which I don't like. ahh so confusing i just want a course that lets me do a few subjects in first year then choose a subject to do for rest of the degree :smile:
I kinda want my brain to make its mind up as I think a straight course would be better for me as I don't want to end up doing a joint honours sort of course with a subject that I like alongside a subject that I end up not liking D: This is my worst fear and looking at a few other NatSci courses they all seem to have a whole major minor sort of thing which I don't like. ahh so confusing i just want a course that lets me do a few subjects in first year then choose a subject to do for rest of the degree :smile:

I'd rather that than hate the entire degree... Besides, there's bound to be bits that you'll like more than others...

Yeah, but I guess most unis will expect you to already know what you want to do, I think at least if you pick chemistry you get the more "fun" side of physics {this is a kid sick of mechanics speaking} but then again it depends on how mathsy you are... At least you've got subjects where there's an overlap though:h:

Latest

Trending

Trending