The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
What course? :biggrin:

Law :smile:
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Got an interview offer from Corpus Christi for law!!

Congratulations!
I told my parents how the interview invites are coming out starting today. My mum has assumed I'm not getting one (doesn't seem to understand that it could come out anytime in the next few weeks) but my Dad thinks the opposite. :tongue:
Two law invites. I wonder if there will be a pattern.

Congrats @thirdcultureteen @mehokay
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mehokay
Congratulations!

Thank you and congrats to you too!! I recognise you from the law forums haha
Original post by mehokay
Hi there! Thank you - it is very exciting (but also extremely nerve-racking too!)

I'm a law applicant and I received the email at 6pm.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get an invitation as well!

newnham admissions team work late it seems XD congrats again!
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Thank you and congrats to you too!! I recognise you from the law forums haha

Oh dear LOL, maybe I post a little too much :colondollar:
Original post by Andrea7187
Has anyone heard from Downing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nothing yet :frown: the waiting is driving me mad! what did you apply there for?
Original post by Oh the Byrony!
Is anybody else finding it rather difficult to maintain a focus on work this evening? I keep checking my emails and this thread (irrationally - I'm aware).

Haha I'll be finding it difficult to stay focused until this whole uni application ordeal is over. I guess I'll have to wait until after January for focus to become a 'thing' for me once again :biggrin:

And yeah I've been checking my emails all day at school (and caught a few of my friends doing it sneakily in class)
Original post by mehokay
Oh dear LOL, maybe I post a little too much :colondollar:

Ahahaha no I think I'm on there too much!
Original post by mehokay
I got an interview offer from Newnham! Very pleased!

Same, for History of Art!!! Only just received mine, when is your interview??
So invites are still rolling in?
I did think there's a possibility that the kind people at Cambridge work late these days since they only have to do this once a year. Though seems as if the Trinity Hall staff is enjoying their evening cup of tea at home 😂
Original post by Student1256
So invites are still rolling in?
I did think there's a possibility that the kind people at Cambridge work late these days since they only have to do this once a year. Though seems as if the Trinity Hall staff is enjoying their evening cup of tea at home 😂

Haha
You applied to trinity hall as well?
Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edanski
I think History of Art people get early interviews anyway as they don't do a pre-interview AA :P yeah I'm not expecting them to be quick tbh xD I feel like it'll be a five minutes before midnight on the 24th kind of thing :wink: it'd just be nice to know that they've started looking! :smile: fingers crossed!!! :smile:

Definitely! It's because they didn't have an AA. Yeah I'm not expecting anything quick, but I keep checking my emails. Yup knowing us it'll be the last minute :lol:
Will colleges send the copy of the written section of our AA exam with the interview invitation if they are going to use it? Or will they send it separately?
So I got an interview on the 7th of December! :biggrin:

Congrats to everyone else who did as well!

I have a question though. On the Cambridge accommodation request page it says it can be offered to candidates who "have a long distance to travel and cannot make the return journey home". Does this mean I can't get accommodation on the night of the 6th of December? I live in Northern Ireland, so I want to fly over on the night of the 6th and stay the night to be refreshed.
Reply 7996
Well, now I feel in the bottom 10/20%. :frown:, (got a rejection email today) (Didn't even invite me to interview)

TIL: don't apply to Cambridge with poor AS results (BB)
I ask here because this seems appropriate in a Cambridge thread. How have those of you who are taking STEPs prepared, and what was your previous mathematical ability. Any results as well would be welcome. Deciding how to go about learning for these. Will be sitting in 2018.
Original post by X86
Well, now I feel in the bottom 10/20%. :frown:, (got a rejection email today) (Didn't even invite me to interview)

Really sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 7999
Original post by X86

I am so sorry to hear that :frown:

Where else have you applied and have you heard back from them?

Latest

Trending

Trending