The Student Room Group

Ex email hacking, would you say anything??

So, in the wake of my recent breakup I stupidly went through a phase of logging into my exes emails. Partly because I suspected she was seeing someone else and partly because I just missed her so much and loved to read what she'd written.

Anyway, I found out not long ago that it is possible to check recent login history on emails and then pop the ip address it shows into a search engine. We are in different cities so it would be plainly obvious that it was me.

I know it was stupid and possibly ethically questionable and I do regret it but my question is do most people know that you can check recent logins on emails and does anyone do it? Also, if you found out your ex had been doing this, would you say anything to them?
i dont know what sort of email you are using but mine is gmail. google will automatically inform me through text messages when my gmail is logged in with an ip address that i have never used before. my ex did this numerous time and im sure it is her because google does give u the ip address which can be traced back to the location. i did not say anything but changed my password after that. anyways, hope you will be okay soon. just remember, as cheesy as it sounds, if it is not okay, it is not the end yet. cheer up
Reply 2
Wow this is something intricate. Someone explain...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending