The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

finance, accomodation and NIGHTLIFE?!

applied for business management and entrepreneurship at NCU, really loves it on the open day and buzzin to go in september if I get the grades. just wondering about like student finance for receiving my bursaries and my grant as income is below 25k, like should it arrive before september? also accomodation, i'm really social person and not bothered really about if i share a bathroom or whatever(rather have what is cheapest) anyone can help? nightlife i'm hoping is amazing, am i right plz??
anyone else applied for a business degree aswell ?:biggrin:
Hi,

I am currently a first year student at NTU studying straight BA Business which means that all of the core modules for the first year are the same as the ones I am currently doing now. In regards to student finance every person is different so it is very hard to judge it. However if you applied for student finance in advance you will get the loan in time, however you don't normally get the student finance until the first day of term as you have to register with the uni in order to receive it. NTU accommodation doesn't ask first lot of money until you received your loan so there is no need to worry there. In regards to accommodation I am currently living at Blenhiem halls, if you would like more details on these halls then let me know.

Student nightlife is very good in Nottingham. There are lots of different places to go, in fact there is a different venue that you could go to every night if you wanted. In freshers week you will get a good experience of all the different places to go and the good places to go.

If you have any more questions or would like me to help you with anything else, then I will be happy to do so :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, thats all really helpful. How are you enjoying the course, like is it what you expected and are you glad you went to NCU? Ye thats what i assumed and i still need to do my student finance. What is it like looking for part time jobs like are there many opportunities and does the uni help you find any? Im very interested in the sporting side of university and am currently tied between ncu and manc met as manchester has amazing sporting facilities and i just wondered about NCU? What are your halls like and who you have any reccomendations when choosing halls?
Thanks in advance
Yeah I do like most of the modules that I currently study with a couple of exceptions. I am glad that I came to NTU as the facilities are great and all modern and it is a good learning place. In regards to part time job I go home every weekend to the job that i have back at home. However as NTU is right in the city, there will be plenty of job Opportunities for you to apply for and hopefully get.

NTU is very much into their sport and the Clifton site is mostly dedicated to the sports stuff. But obviously you can travel over to clifton for fairly cheap and use their sporting facilities. What sort of facilities were you looking for?

When it comes down to picking halls of residence it depends mainly on your budget and what kind of accommodation that you want. I currently stay at Blenhiem which is a very basic accommodation but it is on the cheaper side and also in walking distance to the uni and town centre. There are youtube videos for all of the accommodation on the nottingham trent youtube page that give you a tour around them which I found very useful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending