The Student Room Group

How are you revising for your A levels?

N/a
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
if it works for you! i usually redo my class notes but try to shorten them as i go along. then i eventually i will just have words that will jog my memory about a whole topic. Past papers are usually the most effective way to revise though as they give you pretty much every eventuality of question (obviously dependent on the subject you're doing)
Reply 2
Personally I have made flashcards for the whole of the spec covered so far in college- there are about 300 for chem, 300+ for bio, I have started past papers as well. And made note/posters from my flashcards
Maths I'm just doing notes like you are- but on the basics, then doing lots of practice and past papers!

But it is really individual... Some of my friends are using a similar technique to you, they are doing alright :smile:
What subjects you doing?
"I'm not really, I can always resit" - Simon Cooper, The Inbetweeners.
First thing that came to mind :biggrin:
Writing notes on everything for now, and then will read over them in April and make them concise and begin doing past papers.
Reply 5
i think the main thing is doing it when you feel up to doing it. if you aren't in the mood to revise no matter how much you read you wont take it in because it will feel like a chore. id say scrub up on your knowledge and then start the past papers around April time- even if its just doing the odd question and gradually doing more and more. but don't work on what you know you already understand... you're much better making notes on things you don't get so that you can begin to understand.

Quick Reply

Latest