The Student Room Group

A-level Chemistry Help

I am in year 12 and am studying Maths and chemistry A-levels, and WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology. I have been struggling with Chemistry revision as I don't seem to remember anything, and no matter what I revise it just doesn't sink in. I also have ADHD,and have been struggling with my Mental Health for years, although it has been worse recently.

Does anyone have any advice as I'm aiming for a B but currently getting D's
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by thatoneTDGfan
I am in year 12 and am studying Maths and chemistry A-levels, and WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology. I have been struggling with Chemistry revision as I don't seem to remember anything, and no matter what I revise it just doesn't sink in. I also have ADHD,and have been struggling with my Mental Health for years, although it has been worse recently.

Hey! I recommend trying different revision techniques. Different things may work for different subjects.

For example, for Chemistry, I revise with flashcards, making posters and practice questions. However, if you’re more creative it might be more memorable for you to make something and create artistic chem posters for your wall. If you’re more musical, maybe try make up a song (sounds cringe but works).
Reply 3
Original post by Maria303
Hey! I recommend trying different revision techniques. Different things may work for different subjects.

For example, for Chemistry, I revise with flashcards, making posters and practice questions. However, if you’re more creative it might be more memorable for you to make something and create artistic chem posters for your wall. If you’re more musical, maybe try make up a song (sounds cringe but works).

okay I will try that! thanks!!
Reply 4
okay I will try that! thanks!!

No problem! Hope it works for you! Trick is to just keep going at exam questions and you will eventually get used to the mark schemes and how to do stuff.

If you ever need any help let me know !
I think that this is a job four you again, @5hyl33n. Share your thoughts with Chemistry A levels, if you can.
Original post by Kallisto
I think that this is a job four you again, @5hyl33n. Share your thoughts with Chemistry A levels, if you can.

Thank you for the tag, Kallisto. :smile:

Have a look at this page kindly created by @TypicalNerd:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393061

Personally my top three revisions resources are:
- The specification
- Textbooks/revision guides
- Past papers/mark schemes

How are you currently revising?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Thank you for the tag, Kallisto. :smile:

Have a look at this page kindly created by @TypicalNerd:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393061

Personally my top three revisions resources are:
- The specification
- Textbooks/revision guides
- Past papers/mark schemes

How are you currently revising?

You are welcome. I will do it again, be prepared. That was not the last thread to Chemistry A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest