The Student Room Group

Choosing between Astrophysics and Economics/Mathematics Degree

Applying to uni in september and want to get involved in things to write on my personal statement

Really need to choose between astrophysics and economics as they're so different if anyone could give me tips. Im equally interested in the both of them but so stuck on what to pick and which will get a better career after uni

Thankss! x
Original post by sorcha200
Applying to uni in september and want to get involved in things to write on my personal statement

Really need to choose between astrophysics and economics as they're so different if anyone could give me tips. Im equally interested in the both of them but so stuck on what to pick and which will get a better career after uni

Thankss! x

What a levels are you doing and which is your favourite one?

They both offer good career prospects tbh :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a friend who wants to do a astrophysics degree.What really the job prospects for astrophysics graduates?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17

Really don't have a favourite, I'd say maths but it applies to both so I'm so stuck:frown:
Original post by sorcha200
Really don't have a favourite, I'd say maths but it applies to both so I'm so stuck:frown:

Have a think about what universities you might want to go to and read the course descriptions for astrophysics and economics and see which ones interest you more. Can you go to any open days at universities (possibly during the summer), and then you can experience first-hand what the economics department is like and what the astrophysics one is like and you can talk to some of the lecturers too?

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a friend who wants to do a astrophysics degree.What really the job prospects for astrophysics graduates?

I'm not an expert, but I imagine the job prospects are the same as for maths/physics/other science graduates in terms of applying for grad jobs (like banks, insurance, etc).

Quick Reply

Latest