The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Student life at KCL

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a place to study Liberal Arts at KCL, I absolutely love the program, but the only thing bugging me is the fact that as it is based in London, I have often been told that there is not as much of a student life as in Warwick for instance (where I have been offered a place as well, but I like the program a little less...).

Among those of you who study/have studied in London, what did you think of the student life there? Is the fact that there is no real campus really a disadvantage?
Reply 1
Original post by Jude25
Hi everyone,

I have been offered a place to study Liberal Arts at KCL, I absolutely love the program, but the only thing bugging me is the fact that as it is based in London, I have often been told that there is not as much of a student life as in Warwick for instance (where I have been offered a place as well, but I like the program a little less...).

Among those of you who study/have studied in London, what did you think of the student life there? Is the fact that there is no real campus really a disadvantage?

Hi Jude,

I am currently a King's student based in Waterloo Campus. I don't think that the student is not fun here. London is a great opportunity for a student as you can always find something to enjoy yourself. Yes, the campuses are separated from each other, but each campus is beautiful per se, so you can enjoy yourself in your own campus I think. If you check http://www.kclsu.org/ you will see that there are lots of clubs and societies that you can be engaged with. Also, King's Halls also offer a range of activities for their students. They do their best to create fun for the current students.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Best wishes,
Gulsah
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Jude25
Hi everyone,

Personally, I find student life here amazing. I am always out doing something, there's so much to do in the day and in the night that you'll never be bored here. The lack of campus means it's less 'schooly' than other unis, there's less uni activites and going out as a university, but you'll make great friends in your accommodation that you can go out with! The nightlife is 100% better than warwick, it's so easy to go out in london and there is so much variety it's unreal. I would say student life in KCL is great, no problem whatsoever with no campus!

Quick Reply

Latest