The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Is the management school at bradford uni any good? are there any leauge tables or anything to show where they are?

Bradford is normally ranked quite highly in the league tables, as it is a good school for postgraduate work and research. However, for a first degree, you may want to reconsider should the offer seem a bit low for you. (What are your predicted grades?)

and would it work if i accepted a uni with lower entry grades as my firm and one with high entry grades as insurance?

How would that work?! :p:
Reply 2
Bradford want 240 pts and im preticted ABB, will probably get ABC but depends, might get lucky. and what i ment by the insurance and firm thing was if i really like a uni that has offered me a place but they have given me the lowest offer, and i accept them as my firm. the other uni i pick as insurance will have higher entry grades. so would they let you do that?

Thanks, hope that makes sense
Reply 3
I think with predicted grades like that you could get into a better school, like Aston/Durham/Leeds/Sheffield/Birmingham.
Reply 4
i've applied to bradford, kent, lancaster, loughbough, stirling and newcastle.
what do you think of these unis?, i've been given offers at newcastle, kent, bradford and stirling so far. been put off newcastle because they don't have a year out working ( is it good for accountingn finance?). would this make much off a difference when i try to get a job in a firms like PWC n E&Y?

Thanks
Reply 5
Industrial Placements do give you an edge at graduate level. Im currently looking for my placement and when I attended the IBM assessment centre, students came from wide ranging Universities, Leicster to Aston to Guildford.

Your university choice is important, but not as important as what you achieve both in grade requirements and non-academically.

PWC and E&Y have both given presentations at Aston for placement year students and both seem accomodative of all levels of Universities. They are looking for individuals who will be successful in their working environment, not people who simply go to Oxbridge and get top grades.
Reply 6
They are looking for individuals who will be successful in their working environment, not people who simply go to Oxbridge and get top grades.

That's nice to hear.

And don't Newcastle run the PwC Flying Start degree??
Reply 7
yeh, i applied for that(PWC flying start degree) but was not given an offer, they gave me an offer for accounting and finance instead.
Reply 8
I chose Bradford for business management. I put a low entry uni (bradford) as my firm and then swansea as my insurnace whihc wanted higher grades.

There's someone on my course who got AAB at A level :smile:

I have found Bradford a very good uni, I like the study side and LOVE the social side.

I chose Bradford because when I visited I really really love it and just knew it was where I wanted to be for the next 4 years of my life!
Reply 9
bradford have given me an offer iam happy :smile: but i need to go all the way up there and i heard it is very long to get there is that ture ? or is it just a lie and i also heard the student life out there is well nice as well well i will see next year lol :smile:
Reply 10
Well done :biggrin: It is about 4 hours from London to Bradford.
Reply 11
aww thank GOD i got my psp now :smile: lol
4 hours that is LONGG

so RJA what Unis did you write down on your Ucas ?
Reply 12
You coming by train? Today infact I travelled from home, I left stevenage station at half 12 (which is about half hour away from Kings cross) and I was in Bradford forster sq station at 3pm! :smile: Really good journey :smile:

By road it's about 3-4 hours for me. The train changes at leeds (although twice a day you can go direct) Leeds is a 20 min train journey away :smile:

Student life on campus itself is AMAZING! But down the road you have loads of resturants/take aways/pubs/club

To name afew you have weatherspoons, varcity, revelution, livingstones, flares.....

But you can't beat courtyard and the basement IMO!!!! :biggrin: The uni bar and club!
Reply 13
g2da3: I'm hoping to go to either Warwick, LSE, Bath or KCL in 2008 :smile:
foxiroxi
I chose Bradford for business management. I put a low entry uni (bradford) as my firm and then swansea as my insurnace whihc wanted higher grades.

There's someone on my course who got AAB at A level :smile:

I have found Bradford a very good uni, I like the study side and LOVE the social side.

I chose Bradford because when I visited I really really love it and just knew it was where I wanted to be for the next 4 years of my life!

whats the social life like over there?

Latest

Trending

Trending