The Student Room Group

Newcastle, Leeds or Nottingham?

Need to decide firm and insurance between the three....

Leeds - Economics BSc - AAA
Newcastle - Economics BSc - AAA (should lower to AAB if I firm)
Nottingham - Industrial Economics BSc - AAB

Reasons on what to put down?
Reply 1
Nottingham- best for Econ
Reply 2
Original post by MrMooo
Nottingham- best for Econ

even thought it's industrial economics and not straight economics?
Reply 3
Original post by fredhovis
Need to decide firm and insurance between the three....

Leeds - Economics BSc - AAA
Newcastle - Economics BSc - AAA (should lower to AAB if I firm)
Nottingham - Industrial Economics BSc - AAB

Reasons on what to put down?

Have you visited all of them? What do you think about the modules on option at each, the atmosphere at each university, etc.?

The Industrial Economics course at Nottingham is not run by the Economics Dept. It's run by the Management School.

You have to first think to yourself about the course; the course at Nottingham will be much more restrictive in the modules on offer. The focus will be on industrial and managerial economics.

I would probably opt for Leeds, and see if you can switch onto a joint honours course of Economics and Mathematics.
Reply 4
Original post by .ACS.
Have you visited all of them? What do you think about the modules on option at each, the atmosphere at each university, etc.?

The Industrial Economics course at Nottingham is not run by the Economics Dept. It's run by the Management School.

You have to first think to yourself about the course; the course at Nottingham will be much more restrictive in the modules on offer. The focus will be on industrial and managerial economics.

I would probably opt for Leeds, and see if you can switch onto a joint honours course of Economics and Mathematics.

yes i've visited them all... in terms of the universities I liked Nottingham, Newcastle and Leeds in that order... in terms of the course, I would prefer to do straight econ over Industrial as I think I enjoy the macro side more than micro which is obviously off putting... but I really liked the Uni and people have been saying a degree from Nottingham would be more valued regardless and have similar job prospects?

Another thing is I think I can achieve AAB but AAA seems impossible right now. So I was thinking I may as well put Notts as firm so I can have a better chance of first choice accommodation, although this would mean an insurance choice would be pointless!?
Reply 5
Original post by .ACS.

I've heard Leeds is meant to be very good as well, I think you'd enjoy it there Mr Hovis (Fred)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending