The Student Room Group

Top Gear Axed? because of Jeremy punching producer?

What are you views on this issue??

Jeremy has been suspended for punching a producer and the episode due to air has been cancelled. Talk of show getting axed

Do you think it's okay for them to stop such a great show because of this?
but I knew this day would arise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040
http://news.sky.com/story/1253913/top-gaffes-how-clarkson-fuelled-controversy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's a huge shme I love topgear. There is nothing wrong with workplace violence, I've killed employees if they fail me.
Original post by GodAtum
That's a huge shme I love topgear. There is nothing wrong with workplace violence, I've killed employees if they fail me.

But in this example, it would be the same as one of your Employees rising up and killing you. I'm pretty sure you'd at least fire them.

That doesn't mean shut up shop though. They'll find someone else.... somewhere.
They won't get rid of Top Gear. They'll postpone it for a few weeks. Jeremy Clarkson is Top Gear. They get rid of him and the show will fold, or continue on as some worthless revamp.

Jeremy Clarkson is old, famous, and rich. He'll do a Jonathan Ross and go over to ITV or Channel 4, assuming he doesn't want to call it a day. The only loser here is the BBC.
He punched a BBC producer? Banter!

Meh, Top Gear makes too much money for it to be cancelled.
WHAAT? I can't believe JC would do this.

He seems like such a nice guy :frown:
Good riddance!
Reply 7
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
But in this example, it would be the same as one of your Employees rising up and killing you. I'm pretty sure you'd at least fire them.

That doesn't mean shut up shop though. They'll find someone else.... somewhere.

I follow the james Bond villains lead.
If I punched a co-worker at work I would be sacked. But then again I don't make millions for my company...
You can't just punch someone at work. I am a huge JC fan and I love Top Gear, but punching people is wrong.
simple solution BBC : hire new producer
Original post by Stefano93
simple solution BBC : hire new producer

So you would be happy, if you are attacked by a colleague at work one day, that the attacking colleague kept his job and you were the one who got sacked? Please remember you said that.
He has a massive ego and has developed a "do you know who I am" complex. No one is bigger than the show and its right to axe him, they did the same to Andy Gray and Richard Keys on skysports, 2 guys who people thought were irreplaceable, but it has turned out for the better.
It wouldn't be the same without him

So many petitions anyway now so he will be back
For most people, punching a colleague because you can't get a bite to eat would be dismissal for gross misconduct.

Given his history of deliberately being a bellend, I would be surprised if he survived this.
Original post by Good bloke
So you would be happy, if you are attacked by a colleague at work one day, that the attacking colleague kept his job and you were the one who got sacked? Please remember you said that.

Sarcasm?
Original post by Good bloke

I wouldn't assume something you didn't know the full details to.
It's interesting how people are glossing over his actions simply because of who he is. If he punched a colleague, That's gross misconduct and assault. Any other workplace would fire him. It seems like some people are defending him for the sake of it or because they like the show.
note to Lynn:

idea for new show:

The Hun Gear Games

A group of elderly presenters and producers are forced to battle hand to hand in a forest dressed as Germans. The winners are allowed to make a new series of their show. The losers are sacked.
Original post by the bear
note to Lynn:

idea for new show:

The Hun Gear Games

A group of elderly presenters and producers are forced to battle hand to hand in a forest dressed as Germans. The winners are allowed to make a new series of their show. The losers are sacked.

My money is on David Dimbleby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending