The Student Room Group

I like this girl but not sire if she likes me

Hi everyone,

I`m new to TSR so please bear with,

Basically as the title entails I like this girl in my society (first aid) and we went away with the society at the weekend for a first aid training weekend to learn more about first aid and be put in scenarios. When it came to all of the practical things this girl was always the one to come to me and let me practice first aid and vice versa. She was really chatty with me and had a genuine interest in what I said and we joked and laughed. I feel really comfortable around her and hence why I have a crush and when I waited with her at her bus stop we had a hug that lasted for ages and was really tight.

So what does everyone think? Ask her out or wait a little longer, really confused.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

I would say yes she likes you BUT maybe it's just her personality, try see what she like with her guy friends
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I would say yes she likes you BUT maybe it's just her personality, try see what she like with her guy friends

During our weekend away she was just friendly with guys that went- like just chatty but with me it was more jokey and banter like, also this other guy was flirting with her but he got drunk and pushed her over and she carpet burned her neck and so i gave her some cream to put on and she was really happy that I did that for her.

Does this help at all? BTW I`m am useless with women thats why I`m posting on here to help find out :/
Reply 3
Original post by RossJT
Hi everyone,

I`m new to TSR so please bear with,

Basically as the title entails I like this girl in my society (first aid) and we went away with the society at the weekend for a first aid training weekend to learn more about first aid and be put in scenarios. When it came to all of the practical things this girl was always the one to come to me and let me practice first aid and vice versa. She was really chatty with me and had a genuine interest in what I said and we joked and laughed. I feel really comfortable around her and hence why I have a crush and when I waited with her at her bus stop we had a hug that lasted for ages and was really tight.

So what does everyone think? Ask her out or wait a little longer, really confused.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

ask her out, but make your invitation as casual as possible. Dont set it up like it's date....almost like you were free one day, and just wondered if she wanted to do something, but no big deal if she's not free or whatever.

edit: try be a bit more personal on this "date" than you were on the weekend, like ask her about more personal stuff and touch her more (but keep it playful/light), and ofc dont overdo it and dont talk about anything controversial. If she responds positively to your gestures, then you just go from there, and if she doesnt, then whatever, much more poon in the sea
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MAINE.
ask her out, but make your invitation as casual as possible. Dont set it up like it's date....almost like you were free one day, and just wondered if she wanted to do something, but no big deal if she's not free or whatever.

Hi, I would however she is really bad at responding on facebook and I got her number today but I just don`t want to come across strongly or as a creep as I`m useless at this sort of thing and I am not sure if she is going to Germany for 4 months or not in a couple of weeks. Thing is during the first aid weekend away we had to touch each other to gauge breathing and she was totally comfortable with me doing so. Any suggestions on this as well?

Apologies as this is just daft but yh like i said im useless aha :/
Original post by RossJT
Hi, I would however she is really bad at responding on facebook and I got her number today but I just don`t want to come across strongly or as a creep as I`m useless at this sort of thing and I am not sure if she is going to Germany for 4 months or not in a couple of weeks. Thing is during the first aid weekend away we had to touch each other to gauge breathing and she was totally comfortable with me doing so. Any suggestions on this as well?

Go for it. Nothing to lose. Just be upfront and blunt about it, it should work, GL :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MAINE.

edit: try be a bit more personal on this "date" than you were on the weekend, like ask her about more personal stuff and touch her more (but keep it playful/light), and ofc dont overdo it and dont talk about anything controversial. If she responds positively to your gestures, then you just go from there, and if she doesnt, then whatever, much more poon in the sea

I will try that as I see her on thursday at first aid and wee are all going to a club called top gun- yes its 70`s and 80`s music at uni and so if we dance could try that. thank you for replying tho it really does help when people see it from a different point of view ( no dirty pun intended :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by RossJT

You should find out asap re:Germany. Assuming if she's gonna be gone for 4 months you're not going to pursue her?

If you still are, then I would text her in a couple days, and like I said just suggest meeting up to do smth casual.

She may have let you touch her in the first aid class but that's different. That's just for the purposes of the class, so it's not really personal/meaningful. Re: touching, one e "trick" I always used to use, was the "omg you have such small hands" ploy - I take her hand gently (do not ask her for it) and hold her palm up to mine, and compare how small her hand is next to mine. If she responds positively then great, and you try and touch her some more in other playful ways and get more intimate. But if she pulls her hand away or looks uncomfortable because you grabbed her hand, then take it a sign that she's probably not interested.
Reply 8
Dude, go for it I think she does like you but even if you're not sure you only get one shot at the sort of thing and you don't want to be regretting that you didn't do it later on. So yeah go for it with confidence! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Adam171014
Go for it. Nothing to lose. Just be upfront and blunt about it, it should work, GL :smile:

Right okay, thing is I`m terrible with confidence when asking girls out as I have always been rejected :/ so trying to do something quite simple turns into a near enough meltdown and I panic and nothing seems to go right, and then it would be awkward for the rest of the year in our society.
Reply 10
Original post by MAINE.
You should find out asap re:Germany. Assuming if she's gonna be gone for 4 months you're not going to pursue her?

If you still are, then I would text her in a couple days, and like I said just suggest meeting up to do smth casual.

She may have let you touch her in the first aid class but that's different. That's just for the purposes of the class, so it's not really personal/meaningful. Re: touching, one e "trick" I always used to use, was the "omg you have such small hands" ploy - I take her hand gently (do not ask her for it) and hold her palm up to mine, and compare how small her hand is next to mine. If she responds positively then great, and you try and touch her some more in other playful ways and get more intimate. But if she pulls her hand away or looks uncomfortable because you grabbed her hand, then take it a sign that she's probably not interested.

If she is going to germany for 4 months then i would still go for it however 4 months is a long time to not physically be with someone . ALso for the hand trick I can use that I`m such a derp aha so i will use that.
Reply 11
Original post by ilol922
Dude, go for it I think she does like you but even if you're not sure you only get one shot at the sort of thing and you don't want to be regretting that you didn't do it later on. So yeah go for it with confidence! :smile:

Hi, I see what you mean and you are right. Confidence wise I struggle with but that has been a problem in the past, more of a fear of not being good enough and i know its daft but having someoen be so perosnal and chatty like this is making my think whether she was being nice or actually trying to show me she likes me
Original post by RossJT
Right okay, thing is I`m terrible with confidence when asking girls out as I have always been rejected :/ so trying to do something quite simple turns into a near enough meltdown and I panic and nothing seems to go right, and then it would be awkward for the rest of the year in our society.

Just let your mind speak, be direct and tell her about your crush - it literally take 20 seconds. Don't memorize a script in your head it will only confuse you. And like you've said she's very comfortable and jovial around you so just do what you have to do. Should be no problem at all :smile: Again, the most important thing is not to plan out your words, it will sound weird, you will end up stuttering/speaking too fast. Just be spontaneous.

Hopefully it all goes well.
Reply 13
Original post by Adam171014
Just let your mind speak, be direct and tell her about your crush - it literally take 20 seconds. Don't memorize a script in your head it will only confuse you. And like you've said she's very comfortable and jovial around you so just do what you have to do. Should be no problem at all :smile: Again, the most important thing is not to plan out your words, it will sound weird, you will end up stuttering/speaking too fast. Just be spontaneous.

Hopefully it all goes well.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice and yes not planning is a good idea, I plan everything and no wonder everything goes to the ceiling :/ it`s just the worry of being rejected and being in the same society of about 25 ish people makes it slightly awkward if it didnt go well.
Reply 14
Don't worry man I know exactly where you're coming from! From my perspective it seems like she likes you as I've said. Confidence will come but it won't magically generate as time goes on. You have to take a leap of faith if that pays off I'm sure you'll be more confident. In the circumstances it doesn't just take it cool and pick yourself up again and continue - life goes back to normal. Effectively the way I see if you have two choices: 1. Go for it- potentially profit(quite likely from what you say about her) if not life is normal. 2. do nothing and let the chance slip away life is also normal. In the worse case scenario 1 Becomes choice 2 so why choose 2.

Just go for it! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ilol922
Don't worry man I know exactly where you're coming from! From my perspective it seems like she likes you as I've said. Confidence will come but it won't magically generate as time goes on. You have to take a leap of faith if that pays off I'm sure you'll be more confident. In the circumstances it doesn't just take it cool and pick yourself up again and continue - life goes back to normal. Effectively the way I see if you have two choices: 1. Go for it- potentially profit(quite likely from what you say about her) if not life is normal. 2. do nothing and let the chance slip away life is also normal. In the worse case scenario 1 Becomes choice 2 so why choose 2.

Just go for it! :smile:

hi,

I know you are right, I will ask her out later on this week when i see her at first aid, another excuse to talk to her. I spose why not as at the end of the day the world isnt going to end if it doesnt work out, I hope :biggrin:.

So I`ll post on here later on to let you know :smile:
There's nothing wrong with not being born noble, I'm not sire and I'm doing great!
About your thing. Can't speak for all girls, but many of us like guys actually making a move. For eg., there was this guy I liked at the beginning of October. Reeeaaally liked him. All chatty and funny with him, he was with me. And BANG, half a year later he tells me he likes me. But meantime I got so used to him that we actually became friends, and nothing more (for me). Making a move is risky. Not making it is a lot riskier, because it's a big turnoff for many of us.
Reply 17
Original post by RossJT
hi,

I know you are right, I will ask her out later on this week when i see her at first aid, another excuse to talk to her. I spose why not as at the end of the day the world isnt going to end if it doesnt work out, I hope :biggrin:.

So I`ll post on here later on to let you know :smile:

Yeah that's the spirit! I would say perhaps ask a but before its time to leave as that way if she says no there is less time spent awkwardly around each other I think it will work out anyway! Yeah let me know how it goes!! :wink:
Reply 18
Original post by emanueladiana
There's nothing wrong with not being born noble, I'm not sire and I'm doing great!
About your thing. Can't speak for all girls, but many of us like guys actually making a move. For eg., there was this guy I liked at the beginning of October. Reeeaaally liked him. All chatty and funny with him, he was with me. And BANG, half a year later he tells me he likes me. But meantime I got so used to him that we actually became friends, and nothing more (for me). Making a move is risky. Not making it is a lot riskier, because it's a big turnoff for many of us.

Thanks for commenting :smile:

I see what you mean about guys making a move and not leaving it too long, it`s just the fear of getting a wrong idea and making thinga whole big mess that`s all, i have in the past made the huge mistake of asking a girl out when she jsut wanted to be friends and that`s really knocked my confidence a bit but I will ask her out and see what happens. :smile:
Original post by RossJT
Thanks for commenting :smile:

I see what you mean about guys making a move and not leaving it too long, it`s just the fear of getting a wrong idea and making thinga whole big mess that`s all, i have in the past made the huge mistake of asking a girl out when she jsut wanted to be friends and that`s really knocked my confidence a bit but I will ask her out and see what happens. :smile:

I think most of us are scarred in some way, some have big scars, some small, some show it, some don't. I don't judge people that after being hurt in some way, choose safety against anything else, I'm one of them. The idea is that I know what I'm doing and I'm ready too accept the fact that I will die alone. Most important is to listen to yourself. If you want to preserve yourself, that's a wise, respectable choice, that not many do! If you want to go for it, that's a chance of being happy! I guess it depends on how much you care about personal happiness.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending