The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yep I took it.

It was fine, not easy, not hard. The last question on "dissidents" was a bit weird, but I think I did quite well!
yeh jus done it.

I found the first few question alright but the last two were hard. On da last one i ended up writing about the how suffraggettes and martin luther king were succesful in achieving their demands by being dissidents. dunno if thats rite. anyqway its bhetter than nothing
Reply 3
to be perfectly frank i cant see how u can do badly on a general studies paper.its the easiest a level by far. i bet no1 has revised for it. i nver turned up for the lessons and got 100%, 100% and 94% last yr. its ridiculous. any1 agree?
question 3 was pretty weird...
overall the paper was ok... just feel didn't make sufficient points... tended to expand on only one or two things
Reply 5
Did the exam I felt it was a strange exam and their where too many marks with to little time. Also how are you meant to get say 8 marks out of the stupid sources! :confused:
Reply 6
manps
Did anyone take AQA General studies today? The paper on women's rights.
I thought it was very easy except for one part where they asked you to argue against or for the portayal of women in that magazine (dressed as school girls)...any views?

I agree that question on sexism was stupid! But the rest of it was fine!
chud
I agree that question on sexism was stupid! But the rest of it was fine!

i am sure all of it was on sexism
Reply 8
lol, good point confused
Reply 9
confusd_puzzled
i am sure all of it was on sexism

Not true. There are "society" questions and political ( one of which was sexism) questions but no economic questions.

Well i was referring to Question 4.
Reply 10
amy_da_g
Did the exam I felt it was a strange exam and their where too many marks with to little time. Also how are you meant to get say 8 marks out of the stupid sources! :confused:

Your not?

U get 2/8 marks for written ability etc... sometimes u often only had to make 3-5 pts to get all 15 marks.

Latest