The Student Room Group

LSE MSc Finance or Imperial MSc Finance?

Hi all,

I am very grateful and fortunate in receiving conditional offers for the LSE and Imperial College Business School (ICBS) MSc Finance programmes. My aim at the end of the course is to work in investment banking particularly M&A and/or ECM/DCM.

I believe both courses are highly regarded in most MSc Finance league tables and both boast high employability prospects. Furthermore, the fees are very similar for the two and considering both are situated in London, the accommodation and living costs will almost be identical.

My question is - 'If you were in my shoes, which would you choose?'

Many thanks
First of all, congrats on the offers. Would you mind sharing your profile?

In regards to to which program, the imperial Msc finance course is more quantitative than the LSE one, and thus generally places better among traders. Whereas LSE's Msc Finance courses are huge M&A feeders.

At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either, it will ultimately come more down to your previous experience/ how you perform on interviews than whether you chose LSE or Imperial. I hope that helps.
Original post by Humanreason
First of all, congrats on the offers. Would you mind sharing your profile?

In regards to to which program, the imperial Msc finance course is more quantitative than the LSE one, and thus generally places better among traders. Whereas LSE's Msc Finance courses are huge M&A feeders.

At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either, it will ultimately come more down to your previous experience/ how you perform on interviews than whether you chose LSE or Imperial. I hope that helps.

Many thanks for the response. I think I'm leaning towards LSE at the moment. My profile is:

Econ & Fin undergraduate at a top 15 UK university.
1st/2nd Year ~ 73%
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
LSE is probably the best in finance
Congrats on the offers!

I just scored a 680 (46Q 37V 8IR) and I am wondering if that is enough to get into LSE MSc Finance. I have a 3.5/4.0 GPA (which I believe is equivalent to a second class?) in Business and Economics from a top US liberal arts school and have had 2 decent internships. Do you think I have a chance at admission or should I retake the GMAT and go for a higher Quant score?
Reply 5
Does anyone study at either of the two and can tell about their experience there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending