The Student Room Group

British people, what are your opinions on the following things?

Australian Rules Football (Australia) -
Ice Hockey/NHL (Canada) -
American Football/NFL (America)
Rugby Union/Super Rugby (New Zealand)

All the nations I listed above dont care much for football in comparison to the rest of the world, what are your thoughts on the sports listed though?
Aussie rules in Australia is a great spectacle, I'm not familiar with the sport but I've been to a couple of games and I can see why it is the most attended sport in Australia.

I've never been to a Football game or Hockey game and I've only watched Superbowl Football so I can't really comment on those.

Rugby union is big in New Zealand but not so much the Super Rugby competition, most Rugby fans in New Zealand follow Test rugby then the ITM cup and then Super Rugby. This year the 5 New Zealand franchises make up the bottom 7 for home attendance. I'm a rugby fan who follows London Irish and we've made a few signings from the Chiefs so I've been following them a bit lately.
NFL/AM is great. The others? Not so much.
Reply 3
Not a fan of rugby, so never really taken an interest in the Australian/NZ rugby scene, or Aussie rules.

I've heard great things about NHL but have never watched tbh. NFL is great, though. Love watching it. Been to Wembley a couple of times for the International Series.
NHL is brilliant, British ice hockey is great too though, it might not be the same standard but it's the best sport I know
American Football/NFL (America) is awesome. I'm not familiar with that much just because I love to play archery.
Reply 6
I loved to watch Canadian Ice hockey, but I am not accustomed to it because I love to play and enjoy archery with archery equipment.

Quick Reply

Latest