The Student Room Group

student finance for part time uni course

I'm wanting to apply for a uni course in 2016 but the course is going to be part time. Will I still be able to apply for student loans and grants even though it is not full time. I'm applying for a foundation degree at a college so it might be a bit different to unis.
Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by luc-the-moose
I'm wanting to apply for a uni course in 2016 but the course is going to be part time. Will I still be able to apply for student loans and grants even though it is not full time. I'm applying for a foundation degree at a college so it might be a bit different to unis.
Thank you.

Firstly, contact your college to ask whether your course is eligible for Student Finance in the first place. Some foundation years are uni-level and make you eligible for SF. Some are below uni-level and you won't get any SF for them.

If it is eligible, then as long as it's 25% or more of the full-time version of the course, you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan but no Maintenance Loan/Grant.

Bear in mind that this is by the SF current regs. You'll need to wait until next year to be sure of the eligibility for 2016 starters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending