The Student Room Group

OCR Media Exam – Institutions and Audiences (G322)?

My "teacher" has no idea what he is doing.

If someone could explain the second half of the exam (what it's about/what I need to know/where I can find what I need to know) that would be great.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

Which area are you looking at? (Film, Music etc...)
Reply 2
Original post by Lolpalolpalol
Hi there,

Which area are you looking at? (Film, Music etc...)

I haven't got that far yet.

Choose for me? :rolleyes:
Original post by ombtom
I haven't got that far yet.

Choose for me? :rolleyes:

Please tell me you've started learning about/revising for the exam?! 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Please tell me you've started learning about/revising for the exam?! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have another teacher now, fortunately. I'm studying the music industry. Some exemplar responses that aren't about film would be helpful, but I've only found one so far.
Original post by ombtom
I have another teacher now, fortunately. I'm studying the music industry. Some exemplar responses that aren't about film would be helpful, but I've only found one so far.

Sadly I'm doing film so I can't really help you :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sadly I'm doing film so I can't really help you :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's okay ahah :rolleyes:
Reply 7
That sucks! I too am doing Film but I am feeling slightly worried about next Friday's exam hopefully I can pull through it well enough!
Reply 8
hey guys i am doing this exam and i was just wondering if anybody has any predictions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (film).
eg. sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc

thanks in advance
Reply 9
Hi!

I really think it could be between sexuality or disability for TV Drama.

I don't think they'll be doing Gender again yet it may also be a possibility!

Original post by lolpool
hey guys i am doing this exam and i was just wondering if anybody has any predictions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (film).
eg. sexuality, gender, ethnicity etc

thanks in advance
Reply 10
Have a look on Slideshare... It's the only thing that is getting me through my revision this time. I'm resitting this exam and I can honestly say the info on there is amazing!

Original post by ombtom
That's okay ahah :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by lafa
I really think it could be between sexuality or disability for TV Drama.

I don't think they'll be doing Gender again yet it may also be a possibility!

I'm just hoping it's not sexuality. I find it the hardest to write about. Any tips?
Reply 12
Original post by ombtom
I'm just hoping it's not sexuality. I find it the hardest to write about. Any tips?

Just look for anything relating to sexuality (if it is the case), the clip could contain an all male or all female relationship as well as male and female. Mentioning all of this will get you higher marks.

Make sure everything you do write is completely about representation, even if you see a particular technique being used, if it doesn't show anything about the representation then do not write it.

I guessed last years and it was completely correct, however i'm resitting to improve on my C grade. Now, looking back, I can see where I went wrong with just writing everything I saw then mentioning a little bit why and how it portrayed the representation. When I should have been writing purely for that representation.

Just go chronologically and spot every feature, the rest shall come naturally.

Take a look at this http://www.slideshare.net/jphibbert1979/as-media-studies-exam-revision?related=1 if you need anything else!
What we do when analysing the clip is TCR. Make a table with Terminolgy, Connotation, Representation as the three headers. This really helps when going to write the essay. Make sure you do it in cronological order and touch on all four subjects of editing, mise-en-scene, sound and camera from the clip.
Hey guys! I sat this exam last year and I am resitting on Friday and have to learn all new films and a new institution :frown:
Anyway, my advice is add as much media terminology and theory where you can, because this is where I missed out on marks. And make sure you write it simply because I got my exam back and realised I wrote it like an english essay rather than simply so I missed out on marks!
Reply 15
Hey, I need help on section B film industry, I don't know what to write for PRODUCTION/DISTRIBUTION/EXHIBITION FOCUS and TECHNOLOGY FOCUS
(edited 8 years ago)
Right, so for section B I'm focusing on music promotion and marketing, but really struggling for different ways to revise for the section other than going over past papers. How are other people doing this? I'm super nervous for this exam and time is quickly frittering away... Does anyone have any guidance?
Reply 17
Hi!

Take a look here this may be able to help you http://www.slideshare.net/tessiemedia/ocr-media-g322-section-b-revision-guide-ppt?related=1

Original post by pins-xo
Hey, I need help on section B film industry, I don't know what to write for PRODUCTION/DISTRIBUTION/EXHIBITION FOCUS and TECHNOLOGY FOCUS
Reply 18
I have essay plans for each question or topic area. I have little revision cards so one set is just general knowledge about exhibition, distribution, etc,. Then I've done another two sets of cards, with the same titles yet for each case study so I am able to lay them all out like I would write it in an essay!
Hope this helps!

Original post by hast140997
Right, so for section B I'm focusing on music promotion and marketing, but really struggling for different ways to revise for the section other than going over past papers. How are other people doing this? I'm super nervous for this exam and time is quickly frittering away... Does anyone have any guidance?
Does anyone have a structure for the second part of the question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending