The Student Room Group

Yasmin (Birth Control) causing flaky skin

I have flaky skin above my eyelids and I am sure it's caused by Yasmin (birth control). Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Why is this happening? Any advice would be appreciated :-).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I take Yasmin, and while I've not experienced flaky skin myself, I know it's also used as an acne preventer (as well as birth control). As a result a side-effect is probably dry/flaky skin, so maybe it's that. It's weird it's just on your eyelids though.

There should be a small booklet in your pill packets that explain the side-effects and all that jazz, so take a look at that!

Obviously I'm no expert, but assuming the medication is making your skin dry and flaky, my best advice is to start moisturising/moisturise more often. If that doesn't work Google it more thoroughly/go to your doctor for advice.
Thank you! :smile:

Original post by Dear_Rhian
Hey!

I take Yasmin, and while I've not experienced flaky skin myself, I know it's also used as an acne preventer (as well as birth control). As a result a side-effect is probably dry/flaky skin, so maybe it's that. It's weird it's just on your eyelids though.

There should be a small booklet in your pill packets that explain the side-effects and all that jazz, so take a look at that!

Obviously I'm no expert, but assuming the medication is making your skin dry and flaky, my best advice is to start moisturising/moisturise more often. If that doesn't work Google it more thoroughly/go to your doctor for advice.
Reply 3
Yes I experienced this too! Never suffered with spots before and my skin is horrendous...been on Yasmin for 3 months just stopped and started taking Cilest so hopefully it helps!

Quick Reply

Latest