The Student Room Group

THE OFFICIAL iGCSE THREAD 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
I don't remember so check grade boundaries
But yes it's VERY low boundaries (there's no other way to explain my A in it lmao)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone on student room does Silas Marner and Songs for ourselves lol
:frown:
Original post by Morganblue68
2013 doesn't look nice at the moment

I just hope it's like the 2014 one, we used that for our mock exam and I got full marks :smile:

Is it the same for your other sciences?

I hope so too! I did the 2014 as a practice test in class and got full marks as well! :smile:

I haven't tackled the 2013 one yet, I'm currently doing a 2010 paper. I'll tackle it next I guess
Original post by StressedByDay
Everyone on student room does Silas Marner and Songs for ourselves lol
:frown:

I did songs of ourselves, all my songs and I'm the king of the castle
Do you have any predictions for tomorrow's history paper 1? Questions that could come up?
Also, regarding today's English I found it kinda hard and also long. I was almost the only one who finished the whole paper.
And yes I mentioned how Anuja was passionate and Rufus arrogant and aggressive... :smile: so I guess that is gonna be right. What did you come up with for the last point in question 1? I wrote something like it is gonna be tough over the next few months, but that love and tradition will win over money. You?
Good luck to you all :smile:
I do iGCSE too! Currently doing some last minute revision for my History exam first thing tomorrow morning:frown:
Hi,

Ready for my paper 6 of Coordianted science tomorrow!. eeeek!.
Just getting my equipment ready, so far I have ;

- Two pens
- Ruler
- Pencil
- Sharpener
- Eraser
- Calculator

Anything else you think I would need?.

Thanks guys!.
Original post by danhenders0n
I do iGCSE too! Currently doing some last minute revision for my History exam first thing tomorrow morning:frown:

Same! Wishing you the best of luck! My depth study is the USA and wow I'm so clueless :frown: Fine for IR but can't seem to remember anything about intolerance/the WSC/prohibition ;_;
Original post by Madla Spadla
Do you have any predictions for tomorrow's history paper 1? Questions that could come up?
Also, regarding today's English I found it kinda hard and also long. I was almost the only one who finished the whole paper.
And yes I mentioned how Anuja was passionate and Rufus arrogant and aggressive... :smile: so I guess that is gonna be right. What did you come up with for the last point in question 1? I wrote something like it is gonna be tough over the next few months, but that love and tradition will win over money. You?
Good luck to you all :smile:

I wrote along the same lines as well.
And good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by luceebecca
Hi,

- Two pens
- Ruler
- Pencil
- Sharpener
- Eraser
- Calculator

Thanks guys!.

Hi, I don't do coordinated sciences but you could probably as well include a mathematical instruments set as well, just in case....
Original post by ridhimapuri22
I hope so too! I did the 2014 as a practice test in class and got full marks as well! :smile:

I haven't tackled the 2013 one yet, I'm currently doing a 2010 paper. I'll tackle it next I guess

I'm doing a past paper now, you can tell me how your 2010 one goes if you want :smile:
Guys, if I didn't use 4 words or phrases from each paragraph (think I used 3😭) will I get marked down?
Original post by Jefffffff
Guys, if I didn't use 4 words or phrases from each paragraph (think I used 3) will I get marked down?

Yeah you would because it's a mark per paragraph so that's 8 marks ; as well as an introduction ( theme) for A and B. Although if you did them in depth I think you could get more marks?
(edited 8 years ago)
I need help...I am truly anxious :frown:
I had history in the morning and we were supposed to leaven two blank lines between questions, but I left only one and once not even the one.
And yesterday I didn't cross neatly in my English.
Will I be penalised? If yes how?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StressedByDay
Yeah you would because it's a mark per paragraph so that's 8 marks ; as well as an introduction ( theme) for A and B. Although if you did them in depth I think you could get more marks?

I did Question A in one paragraph and Question B in another paragraph; will I get marked down for that?

Also I didn't do an introduction for it - my English teacher never told us we had to write an introduction! How many marks will I lose for that?
Hi,

- Two pens
- Ruler
- Pencil
- Sharpener
- Eraser
- Calculator

Thanks guys!.

How did you find Paper 6 today? I found it so difficult, I don't think I got any marks in the Chemistry questions...
I had history in the morning and we were supposed to leaven two blank lines between questions, but I left only one and once not even the one.
Thanks

I dont think you will.. This criteria is probably there for the examinor to mark it faster and more conveniently, but they really shouldnt take the marks off )
Original post by Purple-Pixie
How did you find Paper 6 today? I found it so difficult, I don't think I got any marks in the Chemistry questions...

I feel the exact same!. I found the physics and biology alright. The chemistry one was pretty hard I think. I feel like i'll be lucky with 50%.
I feel the exact same!. I found the physics and biology alright. The chemistry one was pretty hard I think. I feel like i'll be lucky with 50%.

Yeah, pretty much everyone in my year who does double found it difficult. I thought Physics was okay too but I think I got some of Biology wrong too; I think I should have revised a bit more for Biology. I'm just thankful that Paper 6 is only worth 20% of the final grades! I really need to do well on Paper 1 and 3 now haha
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Yeah, pretty much everyone in my year who does double found it difficult. I thought Physics was okay too but I think I got some of Biology wrong too; I think I should have revised a bit more for Biology. I'm just thankful that Paper 6 is only worth 20% of the final grades! I really need to do well on Paper 1 and 3 now haha

Glad to know it's not just me then!. Yes, some of the Biology I din't like either but felt most confident with the physics. Yes, but don't worry, somebody told me grade boundaries are pretty low for co-ordinated science. Paper 3 you can pick up loads of marks. Mine is 20th, is yours?.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You remind me of my friend who was anxious this morning because he wrote down question six when he was actually answering question 7.
I told him I doubt that the examiner would award him a zero and that he could figure out for himself that he had answered a different question.

The same applies for you. The examiner will just rant silently in his head that you are illiterate and that you will complicate his marking.

Quick Reply

Latest