The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First choice: University of Manchester

Insurance: University of Edinburgh
Birmingham University.
Reply 3
Firm (but not likely to get into considering how those exams went) : The University of Newcastle Upon Tyne

Insurance (more likely) : The University of Sheffield
Firm; Trinity College, Cambridge.

Insurance; Bath

To study Maths.
Originally posted by Swarz
Now that the exams have come to a close (or at least almost done), I thought we might like to post our Uni destinations should we get the grades we need.

First choice: Nottingham University

Insurance: Southampton University

What about you...?

What subject are you studying?

University of Leicester, for Law.
Reply 6
First choice: Sussex

Insurance: Leeds

... both for Media.

Unfortuanately, they both require the same grades!
Originally posted by Unregistered
Firm; Trinity College, Cambridge.

Insurance; Bath

To study Maths.

Woohoo, I'll see you there. I'll be second year then.
Woohoo, I'll see you there. I'll be second year then.

Cool. How was your first year?
Where do you stay?
How did you feel about making your offer?
Cool. How was your first year?
Where do you stay?
How did you feel about making your offer?

I really enjoyed my first year - it's very hard not to, what with the environment you are in and the people you are with. I could have done more with it though.
I stayed in Wolfson - the big building near whewell's and blue boar. Some people said that the block was worse than the others (and indeed it was, (see Angel Court :smile:) but we had some great people there which made it fun.
When I heard I had an offer I was absolutely overjoyed. I never, ever expected it.

Congrats on the offer! You've got an amazing college should you get your grades. :smile:
I'm very worried that I won't make my offer :frown:
Do you know how lenient they are? (Considering my school has had to send a letter saying how poorly prepared I was!)
Reply 11
As in, poorly prepared for the exams?
Reply 12
Originally posted by -al
As in, poorly prepared for the exams?

Yep
Reply 13
I think it's stupid that some universities require a letter of special consideration about something like that. I'd guess around 70% of students were poorly prepared for their exams.
My brother was turned down from Cambridge because they didn't like his trousers.
Originally posted by -al
My brother was turned down from Cambridge because they didn't like his trousers.

Did they actually say this to your brother?

Perhaps it might have been because he was nervous on interview day, or perhaps because other candidates were better qualified?

Do you think that if your brother had worn more acceptable trousers he would have been accepted?

Was your brother wearing ripped jeans?

Are trousers the key to getting in to Cambridge?
Reply 15
Originally posted by -al
I think it's stupid that some universities require a letter of special consideration about something like that. I'd guess around 70% of students were poorly prepared for their exams.

Maybe so, but if my school agree that my preparation was poor and say they will send Cambridge a letter, then I will hardly disagree.

Your brother probably got turned down because he did not impress in his interview.
Reply 16
Yeah, i'd hardly disagree either if it was going to boost my chances of getting in. But, I don't approve of the way that some places for some reason deserve a letter more than others. You know what i'm getting at.

My bro said that one of the guys in the interview commented dissaprovingly on his trousers. "Rather loud trousers" or something along those lines. The whole interview didn't go smoothly apparently, and he suggested that they dissaproved of him as soon as he opened the door.

The trousers were mauve cordoroys or something like that. They suck IMO, but who cares? If he likes them and they aren't offensive then why shouldn't they be acceptable?

Sorry to go a bit off topic here!
Reply 17
lol, well this has taken a massive deviation from the purpose of this topic. :smile:

For the person who asked (Unregistered), I intend to study European Politics at Nottm, or Economics and Politics at Sotton.

Ideally, I would've done Economics and Politics and Nottingham, but sadly they didn't offer that course, so I settled for another one. :smile:

The course isn't too important though - from all the employers I've talked to they're much more interested in your University rather than the course.
University of Sheffield (Firm)

University of Southampton (Insurance)
Reply 19
hmm, on trousers at cambridge!

When i went for my disastrous interview, I wore a pair of jeans and t-shirt. I went downstairs and everybody was in suits, I was like 'oh shit'. Anyway, I flunked it, which I have my reasons for.

University of Sheffield seems a popular place to be heading! Has anybody else been to the student union in there? It is one brill place, very modern and classed up. Although there are plenty of busy roads to cross all over the city! It's a nightmare to get parked in!

Regards,

Latest

Trending

Trending