The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Originally posted by byb3
University of Sheffield seems a popular place to be heading! Has anybody else been to the student union in there? It is one brill place, very modern and classed up. Although there are plenty of busy roads to cross all over the city! It's a nightmare to get parked in!

Student Union building at Sheffield is superb, and is extremely well faciliatated - love the cinema !

(Saying that though, the cinema at Southampton University, doubles up into their nightclub ! - and Soton is also another example of a modern, rebuilt SU).

Goodwin Sports Centre is well kitted out, and the Fitness Centre facilities are near brand new too.

Many busy roads to cross ? Yeah fair enough, it's not exactly a case of playing chicken running across the roads ! Furthermore, traffic levels around University are lower, as the Supertram network is well popular. No real need to bring a car in, just get public transport season tickets.
I am going to East Anglia (my firm choice) or Loughborough (insurance) to do Chemistry with Analytical Chemistry. I liked Norwich city - its a beautiful city, lots to see and do and a really good nightlife. The uni has a nice green campus as well. Its quite small but I prefer that I think.
Reply 22
Firm: Sheffield
Insurance: Birmingham.
To do History but have deferred entry and am considering reapplying.

Latest

Trending

Trending