The Student Room Group

A Level or not?

Hi,
I have done my GCSE's, I got B's and C's, so I went to the sixth form nearest me and I am coming up to the end of the year and I am thinking about instead of doing the second year I will go for an apprenticeship instead.
Do you think that dropping the second year and doing an apprenticeship instead is a good idea? Bare in mind I am not really fused at the moment in time what I do in my future :smile:
We'll get fussed, because you're being silly.
Original post by Exceptional
We'll get fussed, because you're being silly.

That is exactly the problem
Original post by i_dont_know_what
Hi,
I have done my GCSE's, I got B's and C's, so I went to the sixth form nearest me and I am coming up to the end of the year and I am thinking about instead of doing the second year I will go for an apprenticeship instead.
Do you think that dropping the second year and doing an apprenticeship instead is a good idea? Bare in mind I am not really fused at the moment in time what I do in my future :smile:

I think now's a good time to start thinking about a career area you might want to go into... it doesn't have to be specific, but if you know, for example, you enjoy Maths, you might want to go into the Financial or Economic sector...

Going for an appreticeship I would think relies on you knowing what kind of work you want to do, as there's no point if you're going to skip finishing A levels, to do an apprenticeship in something you don't want to do a job in... just my opinion though!
Original post by mobbsy91
I think now's a good time to start thinking about a career area you might want to go into... it doesn't have to be specific, but if you know, for example, you enjoy Maths, you might want to go into the Financial or Economic sector...

Going for an appreticeship I would think relies on you knowing what kind of work you want to do, as there's no point if you're going to skip finishing A levels, to do an apprenticeship in something you don't want to do a job in... just my opinion though!

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest