The Student Room Group

Would you block someone on a social media site because you knew they liked you?

They know I like them. I had unfollowed them a long time ago on Twitter, and they only recently unfollowed me, and then I noticed the other day they blocked me. What on earth is up with that?

I'd understand it if I had been messaging them/bombarding them but I haven't, I haven't interacted with them for at least 2 months. They haven't blocked me on Facebook, however.

Would you block someone you knew liked you, even though they haven't been harrassing/interacting with you? Seems a little off... And a bit hurtful as I've done nothing wrong. :frown:
Reply 1
No, i wouldn't. **** 'em.
LMAO, this is the problem with society. You were blocked on twitter and you care enough to make a thread about it. Please. Disregard their existence
Reply 3
You haven't talked for two months lol not a big deal.

I am suspicious that you are damoney
Reply 4
Blocking you seems a bit extreme. Don't worry about it and move on!
There was a guy from my course who was really into me, we were studying together etc. At that time I didn't really find him attractive (I didn't think of him through that paradigm) and was expecting just to be friends.

He eventually said he wanted to be with me all along and that we're perfect match blah blah which I thought was hysterically amusing on the one hand and insane on the other. I told him to see a psychiatrist because I began to think he had some major mental issues. He seemed like a bipolar, but was academically successful.

That was in the third term last year. This year he totally ignored me and paradoxically I began to find him quite attractive. He improved on many different levels. I've started stalking him and he eventually blocked me on Facebook. I don't know whether he knew I visited his profile, but he did block me for a while.

He still acts quite nervous around me and it's all really awkward..
Reply 6
No. I would only block anyone if they had been harassing, annoying or insulting me. I would never block someone simply for the fact they liked me but I didn't like them back.

Maybe your crush done that to try and help you move on from them? Or so you know once and for all that nothing will ever happen between you both?
Reply 7
Original post by Karla_Steinbach
There was a guy from my course who was really into me, we were studying together etc. At that time I didn't really find him attractive (I didn't think of him through that paradigm) and was expecting just to be friends.

He eventually said he wanted to be with me all along and that we're perfect match blah blah which I thought was hysterically amusing on the one hand and insane on the other. I told him to see a psychiatrist because I began to think he had some major mental issues. He seemed like a bipolar, but was academically successful.

That was in the third term last year. This year he totally ignored me and paradoxically I began to find him quite attractive. He improved on many different levels. I've started stalking him and he eventually blocked me on Facebook. I don't know whether he knew I visited his profile, but he did block me for a while.

He still acts quite nervous around me and it's all really awkward..

You told him to see a psychiatrist, one of the rudest things you could say. Are you that surprised he is not comfortable around you?
Original post by Mancini
You haven't talked for two months lol not a big deal.

I am suspicious that you are damoney

the paranoia is real!
Original post by Mancini
You told him to see a psychiatrist, one of the rudest things you could say. Are you that surprised he is not comfortable around you?

He insulted me on many different levels as well during the process.
Reply 10
Original post by Karla_Steinbach
He insulted me on many different levels as well during the process.

Well it could not be that important since you never cared to mention it. You only mention it now as a defence to your disgusting comment.
Reply 11
Original post by Lionheart96
the paranoia is real!

It's true, I wasn't sure I wanted to mention it. However, so many people do, so no biggie. Sounds too similar to the threads he posts.
No. I've blocked people who, where the first conversation was "will you go out with me?" because I found the whole thing rather creepy. It wasn't so much because they supposedly liked me. It was more how desparate they were.
Reply 13
I blocked a girl on social media not because I never liked her, I just sensed she never liked me. To be honest she just confused me at one point and I am never happy with girls who cause confusion. For me it's a signal of potential trouble so for my own sake and hers I blocked her. Wasn't like we were good friends anyway.
Reply 14
Original post by OU Student
No. I've blocked people who, where the first conversation was "will you go out with me?" because I found the whole thing rather creepy. It wasn't so much because they supposedly liked me. It was more how desparate they were.

Sounds like you are a girl who demands respect and who's not looking to date desperate guys for a free meal.
Original post by Mancini
Sounds like you are a girl who demands respect and who's not looking to date desperate guys for a free meal.

:colondollar: The whole thing was just rather odd. Neither guy knew anything about me. One asked me out and then asked how old I was.:s-smilie:
No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending