The Student Room Group

Why does no guy fancy me anymore??

A few years ago (when I was 18/19), I’d get a lot of attention from me and would be pursued at least every couple months. I used to get DMs from guys every week. Even prior to this (under 18), guys were interested. I wouldn’t have considered myself very pretty then.

I’d say I’ve glown up now in my opinion (many do with age). My style has also become a lot better than previously and I think I’m quite a nice person.

But nowadays I hardly get any attention from guys? I just turned 22. Nobody who I know in person seems interested in me, and I hardly get DMs even though I’d say my overall social media presence has improved.

I’m kind of confused and its a bit of a bummer. Does anyone have any insight/advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
A few years ago (when I was 18/19), I’d get a lot of attention from me and would be pursued at least every couple months. I used to get DMs from guys every week. Even prior to this (under 18), guys were interested. I wouldn’t have considered myself very pretty then.

I’d say I’ve glown up now in my opinion (many do with age). My style has also become a lot better than previously and I think I’m quite a nice person.

But nowadays I hardly get any attention from guys? I just turned 22. Nobody who I know in person seems interested in me, and I hardly get DMs even though I’d say my overall social media presence has improved.

I’m kind of confused and its a bit of a bummer. Does anyone have any insight/advice?

Sounds like the attention you got was from p3d0s. Even at 18 as you were barely legal (which can be an appeal for the p3rvs). When I was 14 I had loads of guys messaging me and it was probably due to my age and lack of experience. Don't seek validation be confident in yourself and don't settle.
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
Sounds like the attention you got was from p3d0s. Even at 18 as you were barely legal (which can be an appeal for the p3rvs). When I was 14 I had loads of guys messaging me and it was probably due to my age and lack of experience. Don't seek validation be confident in yourself and don't settle.

But it was attention from guys the same age as me, not older
Probably think you're too out of their league if you've glown up.
Reply 4
Original post by SupremeMemer

But it was attention from guys the same age as me, not older

Could be what @SupremeMemer said
Also being a cr33p isn't age restricted
Did these guys know you like were they your classmates or strangers?
Reply 5
Original post by Andi.0k
Could be what @SupremeMemer said
Also being a cr33p isn't age restricted
Did these guys know you like were they your classmates or strangers?

They were classmates/people I knew
Reply 6
Original post by SupremeMemer

Lol I just don’t think I’m THAT pretty now. I’d say before I was slightly below average, and now I’m slightly above average
Reply 7
They were classmates/people I knew

Ooh ok.
In regards to the attractiveness thing maybe it's your confidence if you are more confident.
Reply 8

either youre out of our league or other guys are jus not focusing on girls rn

guys are gonna be a lil shy to shoot their shot thats jus how we are expecting a rejection or something but if you reached out to a guy like damn all ur problems would be solved
Reply 9

What's your IG then? We'll have a look and DM you with brutally honest feedback.
Reply 10
either youre out of our league or other guys are jus not focusing on girls rn

guys are gonna be a lil shy to shoot their shot thats jus how we are expecting a rejection or something but if you reached out to a guy like damn all ur problems would be solved

Are you saying i should shoot my shot? I never have lol
Are you saying i should shoot my shot? I never have lol

yes cuz its literally the only barrier between where u are rn and where u wanna be w someone and if theres someone u wanna be with then go for it because the chances of a guy rejecting a girl are very very low in comparison to the chances of a girl rejecting a guy
yes cuz its literally the only barrier between where u are rn and where u wanna be w someone and if theres someone u wanna be with then go for it because the chances of a guy rejecting a girl are very very low in comparison to the chances of a girl rejecting a guy

But her original post isn't about approaching a particular guy.. it's more about attractiveness/popularity, and WHY is she getting less attention than before, despite having better social media presence nowadays. I have no idea WHY because I can't see her "before" and "after" photos.. hard to judge..

So my only advice would be.. just relax, don't even think about it. Focus on the things that you genuinely like to do, you can post them on social media if you want, but don't expect to get as much attention as when you were younger, because this is what happens in the real world. When you get older, your posts will get less popular, or your genuine circle of friends will become more limited to those who are really close to you. It's normal (unless you're a celebrity/vip or something).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending