The Student Room Group

How do you study effectively?

I just want an idea of how other people study for all their subjects :yes::jive:
Studying is unique to everyone so u have to find a method that suits u in inter to study efficiently :wink:
for me personally, i do it the long way round but that's just how i learn, so e.g i have a paragraph to learn, i read a sentence at first, then i try to say it over a few times until i can say it without looking at the book, then i write it down, say it write it down (or vise versa) and keep repeating until i think i know it. i do this for the each sentence and when i think i know it, i say all of the paragraph then write it all down. then i go onto the next paragraph, learn that in the same way and then go back to paragraph 1 and say it all together.
Another way i learn is by making posters and learning off the posters :smile: but everyone has their own way, e.g highlighting (don't work for me though lol) but goodluck
Reply 3
4 past papers a day every day till exam
guaranteed 4A*
trust me
thanks a lot I will do that:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will try try that, thanks a lot 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
set targets and a route to reach those targets
Reply 7
Original post by ETRC
4 past papers a day every day till exam
guaranteed 4A*
trust me

What do I do when I've finished the papers once? Do I just keep doing them over and over again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Arjun24
What do I do when I've finished the papers once? Do I just keep doing them over and over again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what subjects do you do?
do them again if you get any questions wrong
Reply 9
Original post by ETRC
what subjects do you do?
do them again if you get any questions wrong

Physics
Maths
Economics
Geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arjun24
Physics
Maths
Economics
Geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

Analyse the mark schemes and read the examiners report! Also make note cards on the mistakes you made in the exams.
Reply 11
Original post by frances98
Analyse the mark schemes and read the examiners report! Also make note cards on the mistakes you made in the exams.

Okaaay thanks a lot 😇😇

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Ingrid,
I've just moved this thread into Revision & Study Tips for you as that's the most relevant place for it :smile:
Jack
Thanks a lot ..I know in posted it in the wrong place..it was my first post cause I'm new on here so I didn't know how to put it under the right category but thanks jack I appreciate it
👌
Posted from TSR Mobile
There are a couple good blog posts here giving some tips on how to study effectively: https://twute.com/guide/

But at the end of the day, you need to try out different things to see what works for you. My best, all purpose suggestion is to make a revision schedule well in advance. That way you don't need to panic as exam day nears, because you've had a plan all along. :smile:
Reply 15
I write notes out and rewrite them until I have compressed them to the maximum that I can so that I can look over a whole subject in just a few sides of A4. then I just do past papers constantly and use mark schemes to signal out weaknesses and such and concentrate on those weaknesses more. thats its really
Ive tried alot of things.
I first read and wrote notes down which was time consuming. Ended up with a D.

And then I tried Reading > understanding > and doing questions. Came back with a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending