The Student Room Group

General Studies random questions

Hi

I've just got some questions from my general studies specification that im not sure how to answer. The questions need to be answered with 2 points of view. Any help would be appreciated!

Is the Uk voting system ripe for reform?
Do we need a second chamber?
Is strong government good government?

What goes into the making of a youth icon?
How important is art to our identity?
Does art have therapeutic value?
Are we all artists and critics?

Are companies getting too big?
Are transnational companies a threat to small countries?
Are governments in control or banks?

Are there non-religous beliefs that have commensurate power?

What is the pathology of claustrophobia and agoraphobia?
Is high-rise housing over and done with?

What do we make of 'installation' art?

What is it that gives title to land?
How much land should anybody own?
What responsibilities does this ownership confer?
What is 'green' politics?
Reply 1
anyone plz help on these topics... im having gs exam tmw.

The relationship of moral reasoning to contemporary moral problems

National cultures

The development of an artistic style or a literary or musical form

The key elements in at least two differing styles of literature, painting, music, architecture

The power and influence of media, including media ownership and control and the issue of censorship

The nature of experimental procedures in the physical sciences and astronomy or the earth sciences

The difference between the build-up of scientific knowledge through inductive processes and the formulation of scientific laws by creative insights

Descriptions and arguments with number statements and statements involving physical quantities

The manner in which media reports describe issues with a scientific or technological component

all these are from the edexcel syllabus... anyone plz help?
Reply 2
Have you been to the BBC General Studies site?
Reply 3
yes
Reply 4
stanny
anyone plz help on these topics... im having gs exam tmw.

The relationship of moral reasoning to contemporary moral problems

National cultures

The development of an artistic style or a literary or musical form

The key elements in at least two differing styles of literature, painting, music, architecture

The power and influence of media, including media ownership and control and the issue of censorship

The nature of experimental procedures in the physical sciences and astronomy or the earth sciences

The difference between the build-up of scientific knowledge through inductive processes and the formulation of scientific laws by creative insights

Descriptions and arguments with number statements and statements involving physical quantities

The manner in which media reports describe issues with a scientific or technological component

all these are from the edexcel syllabus... anyone plz help?

LMAO!!! I thought you were claiming to be a genius with an outstanding IQ!

I'd pop your 'D' cap on and go stand in the corner for 30 mins if I were you. Maybe all your self-proclaimed intellegance will come flooding back!
Reply 5
F1_Babe
LMAO!!! I thought you were claiming to be a genius with an outstanding IQ!

I'd pop your 'D' cap on and go stand in the corner for 30 mins if I were you. Maybe all your self-proclaimed intellegance will come flooding back!

dude, i stated those statements of the syllabus out because i wanted ppl to give some of their knowledge under those headings. therefore, everyone has different knowledge and would be different.

i also didnt claim that i am a genius with outstanding IQ. i was jus arguing all along. (enough said)

overall, stating the syllabus out does not mean that im dumb. or mayb u misunderstood the purpose of me stating them out as i mentioned. (enough said)

overall, think before u act again because it is jus rude to laugh at other ppl without even think about it. (man im saying this to many ppl)

Latest