The Student Room Group

Help!! Bad at english!!

Hey

I find English language and literature very difficult for some reason ( AQA )

In all of my controlled assessments I have got A's or A* but in mocks I always end up with a C or D?

In literature we have to answer a question on ' an inspector calls ' and ' To kill a mocking bird , also we have to analyse poems. I find these very hard for some reason and I struggle to revise for English as I don't really know how or what to revise.

Could you guys please give me some tips ? Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Littleonezz
Hey

I find English language and literature very difficult for some reason ( AQA )

In all of my controlled assessments I have got A's or A* but in mocks I always end up with a C or D?

In literature we have to answer a question on ' an inspector calls ' and ' To kill a mocking bird , also we have to analyse poems. I find these very hard for some reason and I struggle to revise for English as I don't really know how or what to revise.

Could you guys please give me some tips ? Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a look at some AQA past paper questions for English and see if you can plan an answer to them.

Look at the key themes in the texts. (You could easily google 'key themes in To Kill a Mockingbird' and find some stuff).

It's also important to know the plots well, so re-read the texts (even if you just scan them).

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending