The Student Room Group

How often do you tell your FRIENDS that you love them?

I WOULD tell my beautiful and special friends that I love them but after the saddest text I ever got I just can't anymore./.. =( I still love them.. More each day..

I tell another close friend that I love her once a month.

I don't like not telling my friends that I love them. I remind them that I love them whenever I can.
I haven't said it to my best friend but he said it to me when he's drunk.
Reply 2
I told them once when we all departed
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I WOULD tell my beautiful and special friends that I love them but after the saddest text I ever got I just can't anymore./.. =( I still love them.. More each day..

I tell another close friend that I love her once a month.

I don't like not telling my friends that I love them. I remind them that I love them whenever I can.

Like practically every time we speak for the girls.
For the guys we used to until we realised that it could maybe mean something else to say that.
I say it at the end of every convo, but not with gravitas; just "bye, love you :*" in a text or at the end of phone call (obvs without the kissy face).

Irl, since I go to a different sixth form than most of my friends, I make a point of saying I'll miss you, love you etc and they do the same with me. But this is really because I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. We're very close as a friendship group; have been friends since primary school/year 7.
Original post by TheWaffle
Like practically every time we speak for the girls.
For the guys we used to until we realised that it could maybe mean something else to say that.

Romantic love and platonic love are two different types of love...

Men and women CAN be friends and have friend love... =/
Romantic love and platonic love are two different types of love...

Men and women CAN be friends and have friend love... =/

Yeah we do have friend love.
But saying 'I love you babe' to a guy still feels like it should mean something more (mainly to them- idc personally).
A simple- 'Hey man/bro!' and a sturdy hug is normally how it ends up going down.
Yeah we do have friend love.
But saying 'I love you babe' to a guy still feels like it should mean something more (mainly to them- idc personally).
A simple- 'Hey man/bro!' and a sturdy hug is normally how it ends up going down.

People call their friends "babe"?!

Yh like me and 1 of my best friends just had lunch and we used the word like 10 times. Also I'm allowed to call her bae even doh she hates the word from any1 else.
Reply 9

Lol I'm a lot more likely to call my closest friends by an insult and tell them how much I don't like them all the time. Though when I see them I will throw myself on them on parting like LOVE U IDIOT hahah. We're lovely people i swear.
Yh like me and 1 of my best friends just had lunch and we used the word like 10 times. Also I'm allowed to call her bae even doh she hates the word from any1 else.

Like 10 times? You counted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have never told friends I love them. Maybe I'm just a bit antisocial lol.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I have never told friends I love them. Maybe I'm just a bit antisocial lol.

No, me neither. It feels an odd thing to say somehow. But then I am antisocial.

Don't think I've told anyone that I love them since I was a child.
Original post by mogwai98
No, me neither. It feels an odd thing to say somehow. But then I am antisocial.

Don't think I've told anyone that I love them since I was a child.

I tell my family I love them, but I don't think I've ever told a non relative.
To my best friend everyday, after a convo we end it with 'love you'. We've been friends for 10 years so she's the only one I say it to through text. Don't think I've said it in real life though.
I tell them occasionally.
Reply 16
Probably think I've got cancer or something.

Weird thing to say to a friend though.
Reply 17
I wouldn't even tell my enemies I loved them.
I've stopped saying this because a simple "love you" at the end of a text message caused havoc. Utterly regretted it
Depends on how much I have had to drink :cheers:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending