The Student Room Group

Zoology vs Marine Biology

Im in my first year of sixthform and I'm about to start looking at universities to apply for. I'm torn between zoology and marine biology because i find aspects of both interesting. I was wondering if anyone had any input on which has more career prospects or just general input? :smile:
You can do pretty much anything with either degree as you'll gain a load of transferable skills. Go with the one that interests you more.
Reply 2
Original post by Kat,
Im in my first year of sixthform and I'm about to start looking at universities to apply for. I'm torn between zoology and marine biology because i find aspects of both interesting. I was wondering if anyone had any input on which has more career prospects or just general input? :smile:

Hi, I am currently studying Zoology. What many of the people in my class who could not decide between the two were advised, was to study Zoology but pick marine biology modules. If you were to do that, look into uni's that offers lots of marine biology optional modules which you can choose. Then if you decide to go on to post grad, you can do it in the area that you have found to be more interesting. One of my uni friends is doing Zoology and then doing her masters in marine biology.
Reply 3
Original post by xlizx
Hi, I am currently studying Zoology. What many of the people in my class who could not decide between the two were advised, was to study Zoology but pick marine biology modules. If you were to do that, look into uni's that offers lots of marine biology optional modules which you can choose. Then if you decide to go on to post grad, you can do it in the area that you have found to be more interesting. One of my uni friends is doing Zoology and then doing her masters in marine biology.

okay thats a great idea thank you! I'm looking at going to Bangor in north Wales and they do a zoology with marine biology course as well which I've been thinking about.
do you find zoology interesting?
Reply 4
Original post by Kat,
okay thats a great idea thank you! I'm looking at going to Bangor in north Wales and they do a zoology with marine biology course as well which I've been thinking about.
do you find zoology interesting?

Sounds like a great choice. I find very interesting, and am so glad I picked it. If you are passionate about the subject, you'll love it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending