The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Animal sciences - ARU

Hello is any one studying animal behaviour or zoology at anglia ruskin university cambridge.
How are they finding it.
What made you decide between the two?
Hey! My names Bayleigh and I am currently In my third at ARU Cambridge Campus studying animal behaviour. I love the course! I really like how there are many different modules so you cover a range of topics and also get to choose some of your modules so you can choose what you'd prefer to study. I also really like the way we are assessed. There can be exams, assessments, group work, presentations, weekly quizzes, field work etc so I really like the different range instead of just exams. I chose animal behaviour over zoology because I am very interested in particularly of the way animals do behave and what can cause them to behave differently whereas zoology covers a much wider range of aspects. So if you are not sure what you topics interest you at the moment, zoology covers it all. whereas animal behaviour is more centred around the animals in deeper knowledge. In the first year, the 3 courses (animal behaviour, zoology and ecology and conservation (marine)) all combine so at the end of 1st you have the option to change course ! Hope this has helped
Original post by iina2978
Hello is any one studying animal behaviour or zoology at anglia ruskin university cambridge.
How are they finding it.
What made you decide between the two?
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by ARUStudents
Hey! My names Bayleigh and I am currently In my third at ARU Cambridge Campus studying animal behaviour. I love the course! I really like how there are many different modules so you cover a range of topics and also get to choose some of your modules so you can choose what you'd prefer to study. I also really like the way we are assessed. There can be exams, assessments, group work, presentations, weekly quizzes, field work etc so I really like the different range instead of just exams. I chose animal behaviour over zoology because I am very interested in particularly of the way animals do behave and what can cause them to behave differently whereas zoology covers a much wider range of aspects. So if you are not sure what you topics interest you at the moment, zoology covers it all. whereas animal behaviour is more centred around the animals in deeper knowledge. In the first year, the 3 courses (animal behaviour, zoology and ecology and conservation (marine)) all combine so at the end of 1st you have the option to change course ! Hope this has helped

Hi, sorry to jump on your thread. I just wondered, if the courses are combined in the first year, does that mean the class sizes are quite big?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending