The Student Room Group

We will soon know the results on adult T levels in theory. Thoughts and help?

Hello everyone

I recently read that the trial for T levels for anyone over the age of 19, which was started round the September of 2022 while see it's conclusion next year. With the intent to see if it will and how it will be rolled out in 2025 for all adults.

Ignoring the plan that was put forward by the PM this year about merging A and T levels together (because it is something planned 10 years from now, a lot can happen so no point considering it for now). I'm personally hoping that it succeeds and the government doesn't find some excuse not to do so when proven to work.

Especially since Betecs are being phased out and after trying to do geography A level these past few years have been reminded why I personally do better and prefer Betecs to A levels. Being someone who is better at doing course and practical work versus sitting exams due to my memory among other things.

If and hopefully when it gets rolled out for all ages will those of you over 19 be doing one or consider doing one?
Personally I would love to update myself by doing one in animal care to see what has changed since I did my Betec.

Those of you aged 16 to 19 who have done T levels how did you find they were during the course?

What is everyone's thoughts on merging A levels and T levels together?
From what I can gather it seems to be the International Baccalaureate but by a different name and will only apply to England. Though I am also aware a lot of people don't like the idea of A levels changing.

Is it worth me doing T levels if they are made available or should I just do a foundation year?
Bit of tricky one for me because I know where I went wrong in my Geography. which had everything to do with my memory but not revision and I was hoping to eventually do Biology, Marine Science and Philosophy.

The reason being there are exactly three subjects that would be of both interest to me and a benefit in regards to self improvement and learning. Which are far more important to me when picking a subject then anything else at the age of 34 and onwards.

The reason my Geography exam went slightly wrong being a mistake I made on the first of the four papers which resulted in the first being accidently spoiled. Though the other three went ok.

(I basically read you were supposed to answer all questions on section A, only one on section B, Then proceeded to do section A correctly then also tried to answer and therefore spread myself thin on all of the questions on section B. Because I generally forgot what I read at the start of the exam and it didn't even dawn on me until the very end when it was too late).

Marine science, Zoology (both of which are why I chose Geography and would have to do Biology if I went the Zoology route), and what was originally mythology or folklore based (mostly in regards to British, Japanese and Norse/ Scandinavian. The first two I can do at Cardiff University the other I can do at either in the university of Edinburgh or UCL since I have decided more on the Celtic and Scandinavian side of things.

Because of my memory issues, as this isn't the first or last time I had a complete blank like this and didn't even know. And the fact that I struggle to sit exams in general which as I found out after being diagnosed this year is partly down to my ASD as well as the DCD (Dyspraxia I have always known about since before primary). I am unsure if it is still a good idea to continue trying with A levels (I got a D) or go a different route?

Is it even wise for me to think about doing T levels and then University?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending